The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to breynolds

Premium Member

to breynolds

Re: [CFL] Brighthouse CFL channel 1770 Olympics in 3D on CableCA

When and IF the BHN user base increases usage of the SD or Ceton products I will go out and bring them inhouse for troubleshooting purposes. Right now we're talking about so few of you I can count you on two hands that I am personally aware of...that isn't justification for the investment quite yet. But I'm keeping tabs on you guys and when the time is right no worries I will have everything in front of me.

In the meantime there will be times when I bow out of the fight on some of these things as really they need to support their own products. I realize you guys like to come to one source for help and I really appreciate the trust you have in me but we have to be realistic about these things.
breynolds
join:2012-02-15
Melbourne, FL

breynolds

Sure, I understand that. In this case, it turned out to be Microsoft's fault. They get their guide data from Zap2It... and the Zap2It website was correct. This means that Microsoft failed to send the guide data to me, and that's why the channel did not get automatically added to my EPG.

The tech who originally setup my CableCARD back in March 2011 told me that his boss had a Ceton card that was purchased by BHN for training purposes. Now that the Ceton's price has come way down, and the availability of competing products from SiliconDust and Hauppauge... I think that will make Media Center slowly become more popular... but probably never mainstream.

Either way, I appreciate having someone like you who knows what he's talking about. I just wish the telephone and store-front reps knew more about CableCARD.