Canada
MikroTik RB450G
Cisco DPC3008
Cisco SPA112

TheMG to SimbaSeven

Premium Member

to SimbaSeven

Re: Fixing up old reliable

We still have a Compaq Proliant 3000 (tower on wheels form factor) at the office which is the main file server and print server.

It is soon to be decommissioned though. Just received the new HP DL360 G7 in the mail last week that will be replacing it.

I hate to be throwing it away after so many years of reliable service, but I have no use for it personally and I've been hoarding way too much old equipment lately.

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
·StarLink

SimbaSeven

said by TheMG:

I hate to be throwing it away after so many years of reliable service, but I have no use for it personally and I've been hoarding way too much old equipment lately.

Use it as a backup or find it a new home.. or donate it to a thrift shop.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer to TheMG

Premium Member

to TheMG
said by TheMG:

We still have a Compaq Proliant 3000 (tower on wheels form factor) at the office which is the main file server and print server.

It is soon to be decommissioned though. Just received the new HP DL360 G7 in the mail last week that will be replacing it.

Too bad it would cost an arm and a leg to ship... or I would take it off your hands for you. I have a old Dell Poweredge server that has dual P2-400s in it. Trying to find a good use for it, but I really don't know what to do with it.