FiReSTaRT
Premium
join:2010-02-26
Canada
Reviews:
·Velcom
reply to FF4m3

Re: Is GNOME in Free Fall?

Who's gonna dominate? Pretty obvious. Spacecoke Mark has his army of Kool Aid Kids, almost as bad as the fruit fanbois. He really worked on building a cult and Ubuntu's still the most popular distro, that ships with Unity by default. He's also investing in alternative devices like tablets and TV's, which will familiarize more consumers with his interface. Unity will be #1 soon enough.
--
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.
—George Bernard Shaw

Maxo
Your tax dollars at work.
Premium,VIP
join:2002-11-04
Tallahassee, FL

1 recommendation

said by FiReSTaRT:

Who's gonna dominate? Pretty obvious. Spacecoke Mark has his army of Kool Aid Kids, almost as bad as the fruit fanbois. He really worked on building a cult

Why is it necessary to be insulting every time you talk about Ubuntu? Is it out of the realm of possibility that Mark is doing something that others genuinely appreciate and perhaps that's a good thing? Is it so hurtful to you that people do things that are not your personal preference?
--
"Padre, nobody said war was fun now bowl!" - Sherman T Potter

»maxolasersquad.com/

»maxolasersquad.blogspot.com

»www.facebook.com/maxolasersquad

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
said by Maxo:

Why is it necessary to be insulting every time you talk about Ubuntu? Is it out of the realm of possibility that Mark is doing something that others genuinely appreciate and perhaps that's a good thing?

He does have a point.

Unity, and before it, the Gnome layout in Ubuntu, were entirely driven by Mark's vision. To boot, he rulse the thing with an Iron fist as well.

As it stands I find Unity to be more useable, even if I'm not fond of it aesthetically, so as much as history is proving Mark right; right now, it doesn't make him any less inflexible.
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

No_Strings
Premium,MVM,Ex-Mod 2008-13
join:2001-11-22
The OC
kudos:6

4 recommendations

The point was people can disagree with the direction of a company or its products and still be adult about it. "Spacecoke Mark" is no better than referring to Apple as "crapple."

In fact, most of us are far more likely to listen to an alternative view when it's professionally presented. Too often, that's not the case in this forum.

pablo
MVM
join:2003-06-23
kudos:1

1 recommendation

... and to No_Strings See Profile point, it's rare that I ever block anyone on here but there's one person in this forum who I have blocked because I simply got tired of picking out the wheat from the /excessive/ chaff in his posts.

Cheers,
-pablo
--
openSUSE 12.1/KDE 4.x
ISP: TekSavvy Bonded DSL; backhauled via a 6KM wireless link
Assorted goodies: »pablo.blog.blueoakdb.com
Expand your moderator at work