Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron to HeadSpinning

Premium Member

to HeadSpinning

Re: And now a message from our dark overlords

said by HeadSpinning:

Oh, I agree that their motivations are NOT what they say, and they're against consolidation simply because they're not the ones doing it.

Not withstanding that, Bell will be in a position to drive up per end subscriber charges for ALL players, the difference being is that THEY get to keep the money when a subscriber is on Bell OR Cogeco OR Eastlink OR XYZ independent cableco.

Basically, it will become less important to Bell who you buy your TV from - they profit regardless.

Very well said,

I'd also argue it's much better that they're at their own throats rather than mine for a change.

el whato
@videotron.ca

el whato

Anon

El Quintron, We're next :/

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to El Quintron

Premium Member

to El Quintron
said by El Quintron:

said by HeadSpinning:

Oh, I agree that their motivations are NOT what they say, and they're against consolidation simply because they're not the ones doing it.

Not withstanding that, Bell will be in a position to drive up per end subscriber charges for ALL players, the difference being is that THEY get to keep the money when a subscriber is on Bell OR Cogeco OR Eastlink OR XYZ independent cableco.

Basically, it will become less important to Bell who you buy your TV from - they profit regardless.

Very well said,

I'd also argue it's much better that they're at their own each other's throats rather than mine for a change.

I agree with both of you.

The only trouble is that they are fighting over the dagger which will eventually spill OUR financial blood and spell OUR demise !

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by Davesnothere:

The only trouble is that they are fighting over the dagger which will eventually spill OUR financial blood and spell OUR demise !

True dat! The point was simply that while they're busy screwing each other they're not screwing us. I was implying that they're always screwing us anyways....

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by El Quintron:

....I was implying that they're always screwing us anyways....

Yes, absolutely.

Though since my switching to START cable, Cogeco only has the head in.

But my Ferengi senses were tingling at the opportunity to use the 'dagger' line, and I simply couldn't resist.

Sometimes, I think up stuff ahead, and wait for the moment of optimum impact.

But that one just popped into one of my cortexes, and begged me to say it !

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by Davesnothere:

But my Ferengi senses were tingling at the opportunity to use the 'dagger' line, and I simply couldn't resist.

I know what you're saying... I figured out a clever comparison yesterday and I've been dying to use it.