spc
uniqs

ChrisInOKC
@faa.gov

ChrisInOKC to David

Anon

to David

Re: Status of current DSL Outage?

We have standard POTS analog phone lines and DSL service. I have scoured the internet to see if there is a clear cut answer as to why this is happening. To lose phone and internet service for a week is terrible. I would love to know why...it would at least give me some insight.

David
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL

David

Premium Member

said by ChrisInOKC :

We have standard POTS analog phone lines and DSL service. I have scoured the internet to see if there is a clear cut answer as to why this is happening. To lose phone and internet service for a week is terrible. I would love to know why...it would at least give me some insight.

If it's been out at or over 7 days already then you are not in an outage, you have something else going on that an outage won't fix.

ChrisInOKC
@faa.gov

ChrisInOKC

Anon

Been out since Monday. So not quite a week yet. We have no DSL or standard POTS (phone) services. I have called AT&T NUMEROUS times, if not to find out what's going on, but also to simply tell them my frustration. Most of the times I have called they have told me it's a problem at "the central office". No one knows where this office is or why the outage occurred in the first place. We have no dial tone. It is simply dead.
ChrisInOKC

ChrisInOKC to David

Anon

to David
Also found this article out there. Interesting information on the outage that seems to be throughout many states.

»www.ivpressonline.com/pr ··· 54.story

David
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL

David to ChrisInOKC

Premium Member

to ChrisInOKC
the only thing I can think of that would kill both would be a cable cut nearby. I can't imagine a nationwide outage (that's largely over by now from what I have been hearing) would kill your POTS service. I would be thinking more locally, like maybe a cross box hit a car. Car took out a pole.

I had pics of a mazda 626 that replaced an RT once.