uniqs

Vamp9190
Premium Member
join:2002-02-11
Chantilly, VA

Vamp9190 to Ted Shekler

Premium Member

to Ted Shekler

Re: soccer and basketball Olympic channels coming to Fios?

The VZ Soccer & BB channels are pretty good, but....

As much as I hate Cox, I was over at my in-law's house and Cox has a really cool Olympic "hub" channel.....it shows you all of the other channels currently showing Olympic events and puts each one in a box on the screen. So when I had that channel up there were like 6 channels running coverage (e.g. Bravo had a regular show on, so it did not appear, but others like NBC, MSNBC, etc were on) and each was displayed in a thumbnail box.

The really cool part is that the thumbnail boxes show the real time video feed of each channel, so you can see what event is being broadcast or if there is a commercial on that channel. Then, when you arrow over one of the boxes with the remote, it actually changes to the channel's feed and you can hear the audio of the channel. You then simply press Ok and the tv jumps to that channel, awesome.

I wish VZ carried this Olympic "hub" channel, so cool IMO. I wonder if Cox built this themselves, or if it's a 3rd party service offered to all cable companies.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

1 recommendation

Nezmo

MVM

I am sure it will come... right behind the iPad/tablet app... oh, and more HD... shouldn't be too long now.

crgauth
join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD

crgauth to Vamp9190

to Vamp9190
I have seen several hub setups like this (I think on Cox).
If I remember right, they had news and sports as well.
sbernstein5
join:2005-01-18
10024-5650

sbernstein5

We actually have an app like this -- if you go to the "What's Hot Now" (or some such label) on the main menu, one of the options shows up a grid of what FIOS determines what's the most popular programs in your area, and most of them are actually showing the live feed from the channel. No joke -- go check it out.