Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

2 edits

[Help] LanLights v1.1.21

Hi,

Does anyone here use LanLights?

I will be contacting the author in regards to this issue, but can anyone shed some light onto why LanLights crashes each and every single time the "Trace Route" option is executed?

Only things I have tried to prevent the crashes have been to install the program in Windows 95 or Windows 98/ME compatibility mode. No change. Oh, and I guess someone will point out not to execute that function to prevent the crash... and that's fine. I'm just curious if the program is just too outdated for todays operating systems that crashes would have to be expected?
--
Remember that cool hidden "Graffiti Wall" here on BBR? After the name change I became the "owner", so to speak as it became: Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP

art22gg
Premium
join:2005-02-16
Courtenay, BC
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Shaw

1 edit

Hi Dustyn,

I haven,t used the version you are experiencing problems with,but I have used Ver.1.1.15 without noticing that problem....Just a thought,you could try it and see if it is still causing you grief...available at several sites...I don,t have the installer anymore..

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

Okay, so maybe this program isn't as old as I thought.
Looks like it also supports Windows 7 of all things. I thought maybe the developer was focusing on Windows 95/98/Me and perhaps maybe XP. At any rate I'll check out if I can find version 1.1.15 from FileHippo.com or something. Thanks.
--
Remember that cool hidden "Graffiti Wall" here on BBR? After the name change I became the "owner", so to speak as it became: Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP