Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cobra249

join:2012-08-08
Gatineau, QC
reply to JEDI

Re: No ring when calling people with SPA112

I'm having the same issue and I have found what I think is a solution but a potential bug on these devices.

I am running their latest firmware 1.1.0 (011) Feb 10 2012. Go into your line configuration and check your network jitter level. set this to high or extreme and it will resolve your calling out/ no ringing issue.

Now to produce the error above, set the network jitter level to low and make sure the Jitter Buffer Adjustment is set to yes. Submit changes and now try dialling out. Chances are you are going to get dead air. Now hang up and set the jiiter level to extreme high and call out, you will now get a ringing with out any issues.

Whats even weirder is that if you set the Jitter Buffer Adjustment to No and set the level to low, you won't get a ringing on the line when dial out. Set to high and viola, everything works even when you have use jitter to no.

I have reported this case to Cisco just 30 mins ago. Thier support wants me to run a packet capture with wireshark and send them my logs.

Setting the jitter level to Medium will cause the device to sometimes ring, like i experienced this morning.