Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dunlop

join:2011-07-13
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe

[TV] Bell Internet still needed to subscribe to Fibe TV?

Fibe TV just became available in my area, the number it tells me to call is closed for the day and I do not see anything from the site that indicates Bell Internet is required.

Did they remove that provision..which would be awesome, dealbreaker for me otherwise

zacron
Premium
join:2008-11-26
canada
I just dealt with this ... if you ask for a retention agent, they can escalate the provisioning to include a billing line for "zero-usage" internet which is essentially a free dry-loop
--
"Lord giveth but he also taketh away"
»www.speedtest.net/result/2102768148.png

Dunlop

Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
Thanks for the information,

now to convince my wife that Fibe TV is essential over my current Videotron one. I hoping that Bell will throw me some kind of deal for the PVR and another regular STB to win me back, $20 to rent both is kinda steep

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
reply to zacron
said by zacron:

I just dealt with this ... if you ask for a retention agent, they can escalate the provisioning to include a billing line for "zero-usage" internet which is essentially a free dry-loop

You just have to make sure you do not use the internet connection at all.

demonte21

join:2009-02-20
Mirabel, QC
If you are a new Customer Retention Departement can't do anything for you... Retention is for existing customer.

If you want the Free Fibe TV PVR, you have to get all 3 services.

Personally I have Internet with Videotron, TV and Phone with Bell, so I was not elligible for the Free pvr.

After 2 months I called to cancel the TV telling them it's too expensive, and they offer me the free PVR...

ns1225

join:2010-12-30
Montreal, QC
reply to Dunlop
So the way to do this is sign up for TV with internet (I already have Phone & Internet) and then ask for zero-usage?

So I shouldn't bother with the free/credited HD PVR and get the regular HD box and pay the rental?

Dunlop

Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
reply to demonte21
said by demonte21:

If you are a new Customer Retention Departement can't do anything for you... Retention is for existing customer.

probably but I was a customer for over a decade with them, but after years of too many issues I dropped all my services.

Currently I have Videotron for cable/phone and electronic box for internet. I'm only willing to swap my TV out to bell (because it is easily superior). I would do phone but the price difference is quite large.

worse case I'll see if there are any promos around x-mas