Search similar:

uniqs

MSeng

join:2000-07-13
Ork

2 recommendations

MSeng

[Other] Windows Essentials 2012

Released this week is the successor to the Live Essential package, Windows Essentials 2012.

System requirements can be found here.

Note - as in previous releases of Windows Live Essentials, you still have the option of choosing what parts of the Essentials package you would like to use.

Live Mesh users should note that installing the full installation will remove Live Mesh. If you want to retain the program, then continue using WLE2011.

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
·Carry Telecom
·TekSavvy Cable
Asus GT-AX11000
Technicolor TC4400

2 edits

Dustyn

Premium Member

Awesome! Thank you.
FULL INSTALLER: h**p://g.live.com/1rewlive5-all/en/wlsetup-all.exe
EDIT: Nice for once that there are NO Bing! Toolbars bundled with Essentials 2012 unlike 2011.

SoonerAl
MVM
join:2002-07-23
Norman, OK

SoonerAl to MSeng

MVM

to MSeng
said by MSeng:

Released this week is the successor to the Live Essential package, Windows Essentials 2012.

System requirements can be found here.

Note - as in previous releases of Windows Live Essentials, you still have the option of choosing what parts of the Essentials package you would like to use.

Live Mesh users should note that installing the full installation will remove Live Mesh. If you want to retain the program, then continue using WLE2011.

Well that s***s...

I use Live Mesh Remote Connections to support my wife's Win 7 desktop (on the other side of the house) and a sister-in-law's Win 7 desktop (across town) remotely...

Exidor
Premium Member
join:2001-05-04

Exidor to MSeng

Premium Member

to MSeng
Windows Essentials 2012 Q&A:

»windowsteamblog.com/wind ··· als.aspx

Windows Essentials 2012 (Wave 5) [From Wikipedia]:

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi ··· ave_5.29

Martinus
Premium Member
join:2001-08-06
EU

Martinus to MSeng

Premium Member

to MSeng
Thanks, MSeng See Profile

Is Security Essentials included in Essentials 2012? The only thing I can find is something called "Family Safety", which I really don't need, but I need Security Essentials.

The only components I use from Essentials are Windows Live Mail and Security Essentials. Can this version be installed without uninstalling the previous version?

Many thanks !

hamid1
@uu.net

hamid1

Anon

no

MSeng

join:2000-07-13
Ork

1 recommendation

MSeng to Martinus

to Martinus
MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) is not part of the Windows Essential package.

Yes, you can do a custom install and only update the Mail client. You do not have to uninstall the older version first. I would suggest you backup your contacts and mail before you start though.

Martinus
Premium Member
join:2001-08-06
EU

Martinus

Premium Member

Many thanks, MSeng See Profile