how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ARr

@bell.ca

[TV] TV Hardware Q - Bell Receiver

Hello ,

So i just moved in to a new apartment ( in a house ) that includes Bell Sat. The landlord said i just need to rent a bell receiver and i am good to go.

My questions are :

1) Is this legal ? I think you can have up to 6 in a house if i am not mistaken.

2) Is it just as simple as having one shipped out to me and " plug and play "?

Again the Sat. is alrdy hooked up, the juice is flowing so to speak i just need the receiver.

Just kind of lost. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

AR

X3nOn

join:2012-07-31
Quebec, QC

Yes it is legal. You need to be in the same house to have all the receivers in the same account.

It is not plug and play. You will receive the new receiver and you need to call the CSR to add this new one to the account. So it will be the owner of the account that will need to call them.

The renting fee will be on the owner's bill. You won't have a receiver under your name. And if I remember, a rent receiver come with a 1 or 2 years contract.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1

said by X3nOn:

It is not plug and play. You will receive the new receiver and you need to call the CSR to add this new one to the account. So it will be the owner of the account that will need to call them.

That's true for a retail purchase, but rentals (and purchases) made through Bell online or by phone should come already activated to the account and will be plug and play. No calling in to activate required.