Search similar:

uniqs

Moosie
@direcway.com

Moosie

Anon

[HN7000S] Limited connectivity?

113W:990

Last night at around 8:18 eastern time, my connection went haywire. I was doing nothing on the computer at the time, and I had barely been on my computer at all during the day. I just happened to notice it said 'not connected' in the taskbar. It won't reconnect.

I went to google for help, despite the fact that it's usually just a matter of waiting it out...but google won't work, either. Of course, that means I have no access to my gmail email.

My next step was to ping addresses...and I couldn't ping a single one. Requests timed out. The same thing happened with a tracert. It went through three hughesnet IPs then all of the requests after that timed out. I can't even take advantage of the hughesnet community forum because the page doesn't load properly.

My modem says everything is running great, as far as I can tell. I power-cycled it last night. My internet was working great up until this point...and nothing has changed on my end. For a while last night I couldn't access many sites, but now it seems that although I cannot ping any site, I can access most that I use.

I really want to find out if anyone else is having a similar issue, or if I should further troubleshoot my connection. The tracert being successful for a limited number of IPs makes me wonder.

Sadness
@direcway.com

Sadness

Anon

I noticed a similar problem around the same time last night. Since then, my connection has been quite slow, and most annoyingly I've not been able to connect to any https addresses, making many popular sites inaccessible, and even something like a simple google search (as it seems to default to https) much more difficult.

tks
@direcway.com

tks to Moosie

Anon

to Moosie
I am having the same issue. Working fine until around 8:15pm (EST) last night. I can access google, yahoo and some http sites, but no https sites (which is where I do 99% of my work).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

goatman
@direcway.com

goatman

Anon

Same problem here ..Cannot open any secure sites ! Also e-mail does not work ..

Hughey
@direcpc.com

Hughey to Moosie

Anon

to Moosie
I am having same problems with Hughesnet. Can't access any secure websites and email is disabled. Called service center: was unable to get through. Problem started 8/8/12 at around 6 pm pst.
System is HN7000S, 99 West, MacBook Pro, Lion.

Yeehaw
@direcway.com

Yeehaw to goatman

Anon

to goatman
Just got off phone with Hughesnet - it's a know problem affecting only certain accounts on one particular satellite - evidently they are doing maintenance or some ramdom thing.
Supposed to be corrected in 5-6 hours - they did give me a two day credit on my account, so start hammering them!
ddstratton
join:2006-11-14
Bath, NY

ddstratton

Well, I get home from work in about 4 1/2 hours. Wonder if it will be fixed by then... If not, I'll be calling, too. Thanks for the info!

dbirdman
MVM
join:2003-07-07
usa

dbirdman to Yeehaw

MVM

to Yeehaw
said by Yeehaw :

Just got off phone with Hughesnet - it's a know problem affecting only certain accounts on one particular satellite - evidently they are doing maintenance or some ramdom thing.
Supposed to be corrected in 5-6 hours - they did give me a two day credit on my account, so start hammering them!

There are multiple reports on multiple sites, including your posts on the Hughes site, but so far only one person has mentioned the satellite they are on! (G16/99W)

Given the response you got, it sure would be nice if posters with the problem would mention what satellite they are using.
yeehaw404
join:2012-08-09

yeehaw404

said by dbirdman:

said by Yeehaw :

Just got off phone with Hughesnet - it's a known problem affecting only certain accounts on one particular satellite - evidently they are doing maintenance or some random thing.

There are multiple reports on multiple sites, including your posts on the Hughes site, but so far only one person has mentioned the satellite they are on! (G16/99W)

Given the response you got, it sure would be nice if posters with the problem would mention what satellite they are using.

113:W:11900
Does that help you?

goatman
@direcway.com

goatman

Anon

113 W 990 MHz

dbirdman
MVM
usa

dbirdman to yeehaw404

MVM

to yeehaw404
said by yeehaw404:

said by dbirdman:

said by Yeehaw :

Just got off phone with Hughesnet - it's a known problem affecting only certain accounts on one particular satellite - evidently they are doing maintenance or some random thing.

113:W:11900
Does that help you?

I guess it helps - it indicates that the problem is on more than one satellite, unlike what you were told.

rlwpub2
@direcpc.com

rlwpub2

Anon

I had the same problem last night and this mourning on 99 West 990 Mhz

goatman
@direcway.com

goatman

Anon

Problem fixed on 113 W .... working great today !

maratsade
join:2012-09-17

maratsade to Moosie

to Moosie
I can't connect to any HTTPS sites. It's been like this since sometime in the early evening yesterday. I don't know how to tell what satellite I'm on, though. My system control center says that the longitude is 117 West. Is that it?

dbirdman
MVM
usa

dbirdman

MVM

said by maratsade:

I can't connect to any HTTPS sites. It's been like this since sometime in the early evening yesterday. I don't know how to tell what satellite I'm on, though. My system control center says that the longitude is 117 West. Is that it?

Yes, 117W is the location of your satellite, known as SatMex5. If you look at the other thread today called "https sites" you can see that many others on 117 had the same problem, but are now reporting it as fixed.