how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

xmai77

@gc.ca

Bell trolling Canadians..as usual

»www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/···nadians/

Just thought I'd share my love for Bell with everyone.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
Got to love the difference between some companies. Bell charges $2 for sending a paper bill, while one of my financial institutions pays me $1 every month for choosing paperless... both are saving and getting people go paperless, but one of them is on my amazing list, the other on my shit list. I wonder if those extra $2 a month per client are that important for Bell to survive or are they that clueless about customer service.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
That $0 bill is funny. I wonder if it was after the account is closed...

So in theory, they will keep sending you the bill for $2, to show that you paid the $2 fee last month...

Nice cash grab lol...
--
GO BLUE JAYS!

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
join:2002-09-10
canada
Ha, perpetual billing.

BTW, Koodo charges $2 for paper invoices as well.
--
~ Project Hope ~

grunze510

join:2009-02-14
Cote Saint-Luc, QC
kudos:1
said by EUS:

Ha, perpetual billing.

BTW, Koodo charges $2 for paper invoices as well.

It's not surprising considering that they're a Telus brand.

Ott_Cable

@teksavvy.com
reply to xmai77
Billing for the sake of billing.

This is just great, now the former Bell customers have to be in "Witness Ex-customers Relocation Program" and change their identities to go completely off-grid to avoid "owing" Bell money for the rest of their life. Is Bell getting into the "Hotel California" / Loan Shark Business?

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
reply to xmai77
I have had paperless for soo long... If you need the paper... print it on your printer... It will pass for any thing you may need.

Ott_Cable

@teksavvy.com
I would not want just any company to have my name, address and email unless they absolutely need to. Bell is too much of an evil corporation for anyone to trust.

My online identity is separate from real life. Even paypal and mail ordering companies only have my secondary email address used specifically for companies that spam me.

XanderLo

join:2002-06-19
Boucherville, QC
reply to xmai77
I'd rather have have the OPTION to pay an additional 2$ for paper bill (seriously, in 2012?) than being FORCED to pay 20$ more for an inferior service by Videotron.

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5
reply to ekster
said by ekster:

Got to love the difference between some companies. Bell charges $2 for sending a paper bill, while one of my financial institutions pays me $1 every month for choosing paperless.

Which is better between:
- increasing standard prices by $2 and offering paper bill opt-out
- not increasing standard prices by $2 and charging $2 for paper bill

Since paper bill is an added-cost item (paper + letter printing + paper envelope + envelope printing + handling + postage), IMO it makes more sense to have it as an billable opt-in than a discount opt-out.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
said by InvalidError:

said by ekster:

Got to love the difference between some companies. Bell charges $2 for sending a paper bill, while one of my financial institutions pays me $1 every month for choosing paperless.

Which is better between:

Since paper bill is an added-cost item (paper + letter printing + paper envelope + envelope printing + handling + postage), IMO it makes more sense to have it as an billable opt-in than a discount opt-out.

Doesn't apply here. My monthly charge is $0, and they offer some of the best rates in Canada (if not the very best).

It's more like:
- decreasing expenses by not spending money on paper + letter printing + paper envelope + envelope printing + handling + postage, and then pass the savings on to the customer.

Few pick the third, but it's a very realistic approach.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
reply to HiVolt
But if you send them 4 bucks, you'll have a zero balance next month

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
reply to InvalidError
And that is built into the monthly "customer fee".

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
reply to ekster
Also... Completely forgot the 4th option:

- Increasing standard prices by $2-6 and charging $2 for paper bill
Expand your moderator at work

cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently

join:2011-04-19
Hamilton, ON
reply to koreyb

Re: Bell trolling Canadians..as usual

said by koreyb:

I have had paperless for soo long... If you need the paper... print it on your printer... It will pass for any thing you may need.

i haven't used a printer at home since ~2000, in fact, i can't find any cartridges for my printer anymore. printers these days are so "cheap" that the ink/toner actually costs more than buying a new printer. i just don't see the point to buying one anymore.
--
Myth: It's only fair to pay for quality first-run movies.
Fact: Most movies shown on cable get two stars or less
and are repeated ad nauseum.