share rss forum feed

insomniac
Oh Yeah
Premium
join:2002-09-22
Naperville, IL
reply to gdm

Re: 2012 Chicago Bears!

After that ugly start, I was not optimistic. At least it ended well, but I'm not sure we're going to stand up well when faced with a real opponent.
--
If everything seems to be going well, you've obviously overlooked something.

gdm
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-15
Mchenry, IL
kudos:3
I don't think we will either until mid season. They O Line needs to build itself backup like it did before Cutler got hurt.

I'm not expecting a blow out every game. It'll be interesting as the season goes on and hoping no major injuries.

Jon
Premium
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL
reply to Jon
God Damn it Webb! Why the F*ck is he still on the team?

gdm
Premium,MVM
Mchenry, IL
This is just sad.

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
I don't want to make excuses but the f'king refs are not helping. They didn't call the hold on Forte, The 12 men on the field call was a joke and that INT should not have been called a catch. It was clearly loose when he hit the ground.

They need to put some TE's in to help block though cause it looks like I could beat webb around the corner. He's about as fast as The Blob.

gdm
Premium,MVM
Mchenry, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
The defense is doing good considering how long they've been on the field. The calls are bad but they need to push through. Some dropped passes, not coming back to the ball and most importantly that line.

They have extra time before the next game. They have some serious work to do on that line.

Warzau
Premium
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL
kudos:1
reply to Jon
Im telling you with my bad back, pay me millions and I can let them by just as easy. I gave up @ half time. I thought it would be like the Colts game but they NEVER put up a good run.

Nuckfuts
Premium
join:2003-10-18
Joliet, IL
Same old Bears offense in Lambeau. Kinda made me sick to my stomach.

gdm
Premium,MVM
Mchenry, IL
Yeah it made me sick to my stomach as well. Waiting for Waddle & Silvy show with Cutler at noon today. Can't wait to see how he explains that game and the shove.

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
said by gdm:

Yeah it made me sick to my stomach as well. Waiting for Waddle & Silvy show with Cutler at noon today. Can't wait to see how he explains that game and the shove.

what channel / Station is that on?

gdm
Premium,MVM
Mchenry, IL
ESPN 1000 or stream it »espn.go.com/espnradio/chicago/play

gdm
Premium,MVM
Mchenry, IL
reply to Jon
Did anyone listen to Cutlers comments? I have mixed feelings on how he presented himself and what he said.

Not sure why he just couldn't say I bumped and I shouldn't have.

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
I missed it but they have both of his appearances on pod cast so I downloaded them. Just haven't had a chance to listen to them yet.

That said, I think everyone is making a big deal out of nothing. Webb f**ked up. Seemed he couldn't have blocked a pee-wee player had they sent one out there. QB's scream at their receivers all the time for blowing routs and such. What's the big damn difference? Is it just because it's Jay Cutler?

And the bump? Who gives a rats ass. People say Jay needs to "Man Up"? I say if that hurt Webbs feelings, then he needs to man up. For all the sacks he's allowed last year and so far this year, I'd be okay if he kicked him in the nuts. Frankly I was surprised to seem webb back this year. He had the same problem last year. He's not a good lineman but everyone seems more caught up in the PC-ness or sportsmanship issue then the making plays issue.

This crap goes on all the time. It was just on the field this time. I mean, didn't Olin Kreutz bash one of his team mates in the head with a dumb bell one year? Where was the outrage and endless press coverage on that?

gdm
Premium,MVM
Mchenry, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
I agree I don't really care that he bumped Webb. He did in the public and on TV. So that's why it's the biggest deal. You just don't do that and I think that's the biggest issue.

The biggest thing is if they win this goes away. They keep losing this is going to get blown out more and more with each loss.

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
reply to Jon
Also. Is he a douchebag? Maybe. Do I care? No. All I care about is what he does on the field, period.
Look at Roethlisberger, Iverson, "King" James, Vick or countless pro athletes throughout history. A lot of them are assholes. Who cares, just win. He can't do that with his blind side being as porous as the Canadian border though.

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
reply to Jon
Not very exciting but good game.

gdm
Premium,MVM
Mchenry, IL
The offense really needs to get it together. To many dumb mistakes and the line is still an issue. It's a good thing they picked up Michael Bush.

Nuckfuts
Premium
Joliet, IL
I hope we can use the victory over the Cowboys to springboard us past these next few weeks against some weaker teams. Like I said, I HOPE, =)

jsinaiko
Premium
join:2001-04-25
Chicago, IL
I think that sorta happened yesterday!

IN the last 3 games the Bears DEFENSE has scored 35 points and given up 27. That's the DEFENSE ALONE! Looking pretty good right now.
--
Illegitimati non carborundum

gdm
Premium,MVM
Mchenry, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
The problem is this hasn't been against the big teams yet. The true test will come starting 11/11. Texans, @ 49ers, Vikings and Seattle.

I think the Lions could pose a problem depending on who shows up for the Lions. The should win the three games up to the Titans.

My bigger concern on defense is how well they hold up the entire season. I think its great so far but and hopefully the offense can start coming alive in the first half and be constructive in the first half as well.

VegasMan
Are We There Yet?
Premium
join:2002-11-17
Schaumburg, IL
reply to Jon
WTF! Did we bring back Orton and nobody told me?
--
In need of a Vegas vacation.

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
The six sacs don't help. Why the f**k is webb still in the NFL?

pr1mo
Premium
join:2003-11-12
Harwood Heights, IL
kudos:2
reply to Jon
fuckin Bears, still find a way to come back. Both sides of the ball have been playing awful today, however, the last 6 minutes or so have been awesome!

Warzau
Premium
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to Jon
Is it me or any one else disappointed the Bears didn't blow out the Panthers?

jsinaiko
Premium
join:2001-04-25
Chicago, IL
This was a classic trap game after an important divisional game. They hardly showed up. And you KNOW Cutler's ribs are still feeling awful. So a good team eaked it out against a bad team that was winning most of the game. As they are supposed to do.

There are going to be weeks like this. Bad offensive game plan (too much passing) IMO), and bad execution by the Bears. Look at all those dropped passed and sacks. but they still won. I don't bet on football any more so I don't care about the spread.
--
Illegitimati non carborundum

Nuckfuts
Premium
Joliet, IL
The Panthers have also been in all of their games except for one so they are decent but always find a way to lose. They almost beat the Falcons if Cam does not fumble. I wish they would of blew them out.

ILpt4U
Premium
join:2006-11-12
Lisle, IL
kudos:9
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
Kick ass in First Quarter in Nashville...

Offense, ehh -- not horrible on the setups from the D & Special Teams... but did give up Penalty for Safety in the endzone

But Defense take aways & TDs, Special Teams return to the red zone, and Block Punt TD...

28 Pts in the First...

DA BEARS!!!

ILpt4U
Premium
join:2006-11-12
Lisle, IL
kudos:9
Hanging 50+ in Nashville...

HELL YEAH!!!

pr1mo
Premium
join:2003-11-12
Harwood Heights, IL
kudos:2
reply to Jon
Yaaaaa Buddy! Tillman is a beast!

Monsters of the Midway!

I'm loving the defensive play. Absolutely spectacular to watch!

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
reply to Jon
Awesome!