uniqs
share rss forum feed

jsinaiko
Premium
join:2001-04-25
Chicago, IL
reply to Warzau

Re: 2012 Chicago Bears!

Turn out the lights...the party's over...
--
Illegitimati non carborundum

ILpt4U
Premium
join:2006-11-12
Lisle, IL
kudos:9
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

Post-Season hopes are found over on this thread: »NIU going to Miami/BCS!

Pretty pathetic to start 7-1 and train-wreck to 8-6...

Time to bring Sean Payton home (he is from Naperville)? Get a proven offensive mind in the seat?

jester121
Premium
join:2003-08-09
Lake Zurich, IL

said by ILpt4U:

Time to bring Sean Payton home (he is from Naperville)?

I'm not sure winning is worth putting up with a jackass like Sean Payton.

Besides La Familia would never go for someone with his tainted past.

sleuth
Premium
join:2001-08-30
West Des Moines, IA
reply to Jon

Man this is a tough pill to swallow. A healthy Cutler and we're still tail spinning just like last year. No excuses really. It's hard watching Hester trying to play WR, and with his contract we almost have to. Teams are now even punting the ball to him instead of pooching like they did earlier this year. Even then, I remember when we would have the ball midfield earlier this year and we were unable to even make it 10 yards. Our offense and Hester is a joke.

It's a shame really. We started so promising... we've had a lot of shining moments this year. We really need some new play calling and get a legit O-Coordinator. How many times have we seen 3rd and long? Probably half a dozen times each week.

interlync

join:2002-07-30
Chicago, IL
reply to Jon

All we can say here is ouch. It just hurts.

VegasMan
Are We There Yet?
Premium
join:2002-11-17
Schaumburg, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest

1 edit
reply to Jon

I don't understand why last week they ran so many plays for Kellen Davis. That SOB couldn't catch a point blank gun shot to the head.

This team needs to draft big and fast O line and a replacement for Urlacher. The play calling by Tice has been very questionable but I'm willing to give him a 2nd year.
It won't happen but I'd like to see them get the kid from ND Te`o Manti and maybe Golic Jr. for center or Guard.
--
In need of a Vegas vacation.

sleuth
Premium
West Des Moines, IA

said by VegasMan:

I don't understand why last week they ran so many plays for Kellen Davis. That SOB couldn't catch a point blank gun shot to the head.

Boy don't even get me started with Davis or Hester. Two guys who are a perfect example of wasted roster space. Hester looks confused 90% of the time out there. It's too bad about Knox. He could have been the one missing piece this year.

Nuckfuts
Premium
join:2003-10-18
Joliet, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to ILpt4U

said by ILpt4U:

Post-Season hopes are found over on this thread: »NIU going to Miami/BCS!

Pretty pathetic to start 7-1 and train-wreck to 8-6...

Time to bring Sean Payton home (he is from Naperville)? Get a proven offensive mind in the seat?

I am a ND fan so I have something big to look forward to instead of wasting 3 hours of my life watching Lovie trash on Sundays. It is gonna be a few rough years coming (like it has not been already!!!) for us Bears fans but I want to see a rebuild with someone that has some fire & intensity (Bil Cowher type) and not that dumb look Lovie has. In nine years 2 NFC championship games and 1 SB appearance. Not good enough in today's NFL.

aight

join:2001-12-18
Lafox, IL
reply to Jon

So, who is next after Lovie?

VegasMan
Are We There Yet?
Premium
Schaumburg, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest

said by aight:

So, who is next after Lovie?

Most likely Tice. But I don't feel he got a fair shake. He had a horrible O line to deal with and while they had the 27th or 28 O in the league they still performed better than they have in years.
--

VegasMan
Are We There Yet?
Premium
Schaumburg, IL
reply to Jon

I think the list of potentials for HC are small.
Cowher, Billick, and some say Gruden. I'll pass on Gruden.
--

sleuth
Premium
West Des Moines, IA
reply to Jon

We've had some of our best years under Lovie. We're consistent contenders the majority of the years and the past 2 years are easily considered underwhelming after hot starts. The Martz hiring was dumb. Then with him quitting he was probably reluctant to put Tice at O Coordinator who had zero experience there.

In the end I'm conflicted over this firing and not sure I agree with it. I guess it comes down to what/who you blame for the anemic offense.

Jon
Premium
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL
reply to Jon

Someone on the radio said they're interviewing Mike McCoy from Denver.

Warzau
Premium
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL
kudos:1

That was fast, I'm sure the writing was on the wall since the horrible loss to Philly. The blame goes all around the horrible O line, WR with butterfingers, Hester just not running straight up field when receiving the ball.

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL

Could be BS. I'm sure the rumors are already flying about this guy or that guy.

Nuckfuts
Premium
Joliet, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to Jon

said by Jon:

Someone on the radio said they're interviewing Mike McCoy from Denver.

Not official but he is eligible for interview since the Broncos have a bye week. I am glad he is not the head coach anymore. I liked what he did with our defense but look at the offensive ranks over the years. I know the O line sucks and Angelo did not do his job that well but it is what it is. I would like to see a more offensive minded head coach since the league kinda favors that. Even though it is not all his fault having 2 seasons finish like that and going 1-8 against the Pack since 2009 is not good. I would like to see Billick.

jsinaiko
Premium
Chicago, IL

McCoy gets an interview on Sunday. Emery has already interviewed a bunch of others. I am encouraged.
--

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL

I like Emery. If you watched his press conference, the guy really seems to know his shit.
You can listen to the whole thing here. It's pretty long but very informative.

»blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2013/01···_da.html

jsinaiko
Premium
Chicago, IL

I agree. First reasonably good GM since Vanisi and Dave Tobin did it - and they were curtailed by the Halas's who ran the team at that time. Seems as if George McCasky is different and actually cares about winning, as opposed to his Mom who just like those nice young men.

It was a good time to do all of this. The Bears are worse than they appear. The D will need a major overhaul - Urlacher is history, or I hope he is, and the D line is about to break up. The secondary seems OK, but the Bears have very little bench strength or depth on D.

As we all know the O line is awful - and is the lynchpin of any good O. After all, the first drafts that really put the 85 team together were Covert and Van Horne, two great O linemen. Bears need more receivers, a healthy #2 RB, an almost compete revamp of the Oline (Garza seems OK, and they say Karemi is still a bit hurt and will be much better next season, so that leaves a TE and a couple of down linemen to get).

Lovie was such a players coach, nobody's gig was at risk no matter how brutal they were, so it was really time to launch him. He was an OK coach and will probably do OK elsewhere. But his stock was all sold here - time for a new look.
--

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL

They said on ESPN radio yesterday that Lovie was interviewing with Buffalo this weekend.

jsinaiko
Premium
Chicago, IL

Right. Good luck to him - maybe he'll do better under different circumstances.
--

pr1mo
Premium
join:2003-11-12
Harwood Heights, IL
kudos:2
reply to Jon

I find it funny that ESPN posts information about where Lovie is going/interviewing. Who gives a fuck? The guy was fired for a reason, and a good one at that.

God I hate ESPN with a passion. It's like a Sports-TMZ.

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
reply to Jon

don't know if it's true but I have no idea who Trestman is.

sleuth
Premium
West Des Moines, IA

said by Jon:

don't know if it's true but I have no idea who Trestman is.

He is the CFL head coach whose name has been floating around. Didn't think he was on the Bears list. I don't know much about him myself, other than him winning some CFL bowls or whatever they're called. This a good hire guys?

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL

I don't really know anything about the CFL but I assume winning a few championships there is a pretty good accomplishment. Guess we'll see if it's true or not soon. His tweet is all over the news and sports sites now so I'm guessing Emery will need to respond one way or another at some point.

pr1mo
Premium
join:2003-11-12
Harwood Heights, IL
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..
reply to Jon

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Trestman

The guy has a very nice resume. From reading around Reddit, almost everyone has stated this guy is a very offensive mind. I've also read around that the CFL is a pass-heavy league. Take that for what it's worth. I, however, feel that he would be a great fit in Chicago. I feel the same way about Dennison from Houston.

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
reply to Jon

It's Trestman

»www.chicagobears.com/news/articl···8e498503

Nuckfuts
Premium
Joliet, IL

Only time will tell huh? He has a good history. Hopefully soon our offense can get out of the basement in rank. Even if we have to suffer a few seasons it is better than watching a Lovie offense.

sleuth
Premium
West Des Moines, IA
reply to Jon

While the O may improve, what about the D? I'm sure he doesn't share the same philosophy as Lovie. Lovie was able to keep our aging D among the best in the league every year. Maybe we should bring him back as our D coordinator

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL

Maybe he'll keep Marinelli and just let him run the D. Or maybe they'll just change the whole defense. Guess we'll see.