uniqs

Caelharrad
join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO

Caelharrad to McBrain

to McBrain

Re: So what did you do yesterday?

said by McBrain:

Well, about 45 seconds into the encounter we find out that neither the Warlock nor the Hunter have no fucking clue what they are doing, as proven by the fact that they stand in the middle of Deathwing's back and continue to pewpew despite the big blue text on their screen, the British lady counting down from five, and the pop up box with their names in it under the heading "Not secured". This same scenario happens 3 times. And I honestly should be happy that it did, since I was just north of 21k dps, my Boomkin buddy was just south of 19k, and the DK tank was next at 11k. Awesomesauce Hunter was at 9k and Warlock extraordinaire was doin' werk pushing 6k...yeah, less than six thousand damage per second...He could have put out better numbers slapping Deathwing's parasites with his staff.

This part, especially, was highly entertaining. Kudos on a wonderful post that had me laughing out loud.
"Awesomesauce Hunter was at 9k and Warlock extraordinaire was doin' werk pushing 6k"... Holy Mother of God. My hunter is not elite by any definition, but decently geared - I'm ilvl 387, 5-piece T13 all from LFR, gems/enchants. Plus I play as marksman, which isn't even "optimal" spec (Survival is, but I suck at survival, so there you go). I average about 24k dps when I run in LFR, and that's over the entire raid. Single-target numbers, I'm usually up around 32-35k dps. I literally cannot understand how any hunter (or ANY dps for that matter) could step into a normal DS raid and do less than 15k dps. All I can figure is that they refuse to bind any attacks to the number/function keys, and are instead heading to the spellbook to manually click their attacks.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain

Maybe he was asleep or something, I dunno. The highest level Hunter I've ever had was like 61 or something, so I'm not keen enough to critique his rotation, etc. I just know that if you are below the tank, you're bad.

It seems like I've run across several people like this recently, luckily most are in LFR. The fights in DS vary so wildly it is hard for me, as a melee DPS, to gauge my performance by looking at my average.

I know yesterday in LFR I did 51k on Warlord Zonozz. As far as I know, that's pretty damn good for 390 item level. (the next melee was 43k)

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

Better use of CDs during black phases = you win!

Zon'ozz DPS is so dependent on the rest of the DPS, because you do more damage the longer it goes. You might've only done 40k DPS if the rest of the raid was closer to par with you.

I always have a hard time deciding when to Reck on that fight. Usually third black phase, but sometimes the fight ends mid-reck because people are too good that time round.

It's a conundrum.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

said by Nick D:

It's a conundrum.

wrapped in an enigma, bathed in perplexity.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Caelharrad

to Caelharrad
Update on fail groups mentioned above.

I got into the weirdest PUG last night...it was a hybrid of the two groups. Well, the adolescent Priest from night #2, Blood DK from group #2, Warrior tank from group #1, and Paladin healer from group #1.

Three or four of the other guys were from an old guild of mine that wasn't too bad at raiding back in Feb/March when I was in it, so we faired pretty well once we got things set up.

I got the Agi trinket from Spine and finally my first ilvl403 No'Kaled off Madness.

A Rogue from the old guild also finished his legendary questline, which was pretty cool.
McBrain

McBrain to Nick D

to Nick D
I could probably do better, but the black phases don't line up with my CDs well.

I usually pop a potion, Orc racial, then Wolves on pull. Then I have no DPS cds on first black phase. Then I use Orc racial and Wolves again on second black phase. Sometimes I pot then too and if we have good dps I will Blood Lust at that time as well. If not, I Blust and Pot in 3rd black phase, and usually am able to get one more set of wolves in that are usually standing next to me when Zon'ozz goes down.

It sucks cause time between black phases is usually just under my cooldown timers.