join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

1 recommendation

AVD to 19579823

Premium Member

to 19579823

Re:  

said by 19579823:

Maybe not but GOOGLE is reading it!! (Worst email provider out there as far as privacy goes)

they all read your email.

carpetshark3
Premium Member
join:2004-02-12
Idledale, CO

1 recommendation

carpetshark3

Premium Member

I use Gmail though Thunderbird or Eudora. I have the account set up to delete messages from server once read. So are they keeping copies of all mail besides reading it?

I never log in to the actual Gmail page, and I never log in to search on Google.

I'd love it if Google linked all the correspondence about a cat's impacted anal glands.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by carpetshark3:

I use Gmail though Thunderbird or Eudora. I have the account set up to delete messages from server once read. So are they keeping copies of all mail besides reading it?

TTBOMK Gmail ignores the client DELETE command, and retains all of your email, even the spam.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned) to AVD

to AVD
Exactly!!!!!!!! (Especially if plain text is used)

carpetshark3
Premium Member
join:2004-02-12
Idledale, CO

carpetshark3 to NormanS

Premium Member

to NormanS
Where's Gmail keeping it? Do they have a data center like ATT is supposed to? The mail isn't on their page. I do check to make sure mail was deleted. Tells me I'm using 0B of whatever they give you.

If there is a data center like ATT, I think those that are interested have a right to know. For myself, it's six of one, half a dozen of the other, but there are some paranoid people around. I prefer being a PITA to marketing.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

read the ToS. If it is deleted, it may be on a backup system somewhere, but deleted trash should be gone forever.

It was a deal google made with California when they first rolled out gmail.