wirelessdog to Ardose

to Ardose

Re: My Wireless Speed is Very Erratic

Have you asked them?
Ardose
join:2012-06-05
Marion, OH

Ardose

I have contacted Comwavz about the problem and they say pretty much anything except that it's their equipment and their responsibility. It's the usual response. Do you have an unobstructed line of sight? Check your ping back speed? Is something on your computer slowing it down? We can send a technician to check your system. But, it gets down to the obvious, if it works fine at certain times of the day, chances are....it's not my computer that's the problem and it's not likely that my transponder works differently at different times of the day and sun spots don't do that either. I know that the Internet carries a heavy data load at certain times of the day. But, it shouldn't have that much affect.

When all is said and done, I think the problem is Comwavz. They need to upgrade their system so it can adequately support their subscribers. Many ISPs are installing optical cables and are upgrading their switching systems because people are clearly dumping their cable and satellite systems and using the Internet for video entertainment. I wonder if Comwavz intends to allow their system to slip into total obsolescence.

I am trying to decide if I should change to Frontier who say they can now provide me high speed Internet through their phone line. I would stick to what I have if there were some indication that Comwavz was going to fix the problem. Has anybody heard anything?