share rss forum feed

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
join:2003-08-04
USA
kudos:12

[Rant] Pizza hut

I tell ya,the idiots that work @ the one near me ARE TOTALLY STUPID!!!!!!

They keep forgetting to TURN THE BUFFET ON!!!! (Everything gets warm!!)

There is nothing worse than warm mac salad,warm pudding,etc.......

4 times i have gone there and found it off..... IT SICKENS ME THAT NO ONE ELSE COMPLAINS THE FOOD IS WARM!!!!!!

Are people really this fucked up that they cant remember to TURN IT ON @ 11am when they put the hot bar and cold stuff out?? (Hot pizza bar is only up @ lunch time)

I THINK ITS REALLY SAD THAT NO ONE ELSE TELLS THEM ITS OFF!!!!! (You can tell by all the warm food (The coolent wasnt turned on)) it sits like that all day!!!!!

The manager tried to lie to me today saying "It IS on" -- Well,she got a surprise when she brought a thermometer over and tested the food temps...... THEN SHE SAID "IT MUST BE BROKEN" -- Ya right..... Then she went and opened this door AND TURNED IT ON!!!!!!

Was that really so hard????? -- Dont sit there and try to lie to ppl who give you $$$$$ for "good food"!!

uugghh

Xioden
Premium
join:2008-06-10
Monticello, NY
kudos:1

And just think about all that lovely bacteria growing all day long that they just put right back the next day.

Frankly after the second time I'd tip off the Health department about it likely not be eating at said establishment again.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
USA

Ya I hear ya!!!!

At least she brought out NEW MAC SALAD from the back THAT WAS PLENTY COLD!! (I couldnt have any pudding though which i was planning on )

Eyeballs
Premium
join:2000-04-25
Worcester, MA
reply to Dude111

Re: [Rant] Pizza hut

Pizza Hut has a buffet?

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
USA

1 edit

Yup during lunch they have a pizza buffet and the rest of the day its just cold stuff... (Salad,pudding,mac salad,etc)

Madness
Like a flea circus at a dog show

join:2000-01-05
Quincy, MA
reply to Dude111

I prefer to steer clear of the chain pizza joints & eat @ the mom & pop's.

Santa Fe
Man is an animal that wants to exist.
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard
kudos:4
reply to Dude111

Hmmm, the ONE here in Springfield only has the Buffet from 11 AM to 1:30 pm.
--
Explore Xubuntu. Like It? Install It. [Love It]!

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to Dude111

I worked at Pizza Hut when I was in college. The person in charge of the salad bar made two dollars an hour. That's all you need to know right there.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

2 recommendations

reply to Dude111

obligatory post:

Pizza Hut was so much better in the '80s.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5
reply to Dude111

When I lived in Texas there was, I forget, Pizza Inn? Back then it was fantastic, a buffet that blows away Pizza Hut. Like 16 different pizzas, several pastas and several sauces and lots of different salads and deserts galore.

I also recall, in Houston, a place called Souper Salad or something like that on Westheimer, man that place was GOOD!
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

said by signmeuptoo:

When I lived in Texas there was, I forget, Pizza Inn? Back then it was fantastic, a buffet that blows away Pizza Hut. Like 16 different pizzas, several pastas and several sauces and lots of different salads and deserts galore.

There is a Pizza Inn about five minutes away from me here in Dallas. I've never been. Sounds like I ought to go check it out. Then again, how long's it been since you were in one? As Dude can tell us, things suuuuure have changed in the last few years...
--
"The counsel of fools is all the more dangerous the more of them there are." -Ólafr Höskuldsson

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5

Indeed, I ate there in the 80's, so who knows how it is now. They had a super thin crust pizza that I really loved. Now of course, it doesn't compare to the places here in CT, but for a chain, it was very good.

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME
reply to footballdude

said by footballdude:

I worked at Pizza Hut when I was in college. The person in charge of the salad bar made two dollars an hour. That's all you need to know right there.

1930s eh?

Don't feel bad - my first job paid 65 cents and hour. TRUE
--
Printed on 100% recycled bytes

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
reply to Dude111

Call the health department.

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to Madness

said by Madness:

Donald Trump's favorite pizza:
said by 2004 magazine interview :
AMERICAN WAY: Do you have a favorite dive? A restaurant where no one would ever expect to see Donald Trump?

TRUMP: I’m building a golf course in Bedminster, New Jersey. It’s the richest place on earth, where you have people with 25-acre mansions. And there’s a pizza parlor there, Bedminster Pizza, about three minutes away from the entrance of my club, with the best pizza I’ve ever had. It’s so Italian that the guys there hardly speak English.

»www.americanwaymag.com/donald-tr···ssistant

AVD
Premium
Onion, NJ

said by Bob4:

said by Madness:

Donald Trump's favorite pizza:
said by 2004 magazine interview :
AMERICAN WAY: Do you have a favorite dive? A restaurant where no one would ever expect to see Donald Trump?

TRUMP: I’m building a golf course in Bedminster, New Jersey. It’s the richest place on earth, where you have people with 25-acre mansions. And there’s a pizza parlor there, Bedminster Pizza, about three minutes away from the entrance of my club, with the best pizza I’ve ever had. It’s so Italian that the guys there hardly speak English.

»www.americanwaymag.com/donald-tr···ssistant

where is Bobcat79 See Profile when you need it.
--
--Standard disclaimers apply.--
The preceding posting is null and void in Arizona and any other jurisdiction where prohibited by law.

jjoshua
Premium
join:2001-06-01
Scotch Plains, NJ
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to Dude111

Pizza Hut? Nasty shit even when served at the correct temperature.

AVD
Premium
Onion, NJ

said by jjoshua:

Pizza Hut? Nasty shit even when served at the correct temperature.

QFT it always gave me the runs when I ate it in the '90s
--
--Standard disclaimers apply.--
The preceding posting is null and void in Arizona and any other jurisdiction where prohibited by law.

M A R S
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Long Island
reply to Bob4

said by Bob4:

Call the health department.

This for sure.

mastsethi

join:2012-05-26
reply to Dude111

People are used to getting fooled now. Nobody complains, nobody cares.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
USA
reply to Dude111

Yup sad isnt it????

No one gives a rats tail and its sad...... (ITS WHY THINGS HAVE GOTTON SO BAD)

said by signmeuptoo :
When I lived in Texas there was, I forget, Pizza Inn? Back then it was fantastic, a buffet that blows away Pizza Hut.
Yup like Wendys had in the 80s! (Super Bar)

I LOVED IT!!!!!! -- Now wendys is crap like almost EVERYWHERE!

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
Premium
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
Reviews:
·Vonage
reply to signmeuptoo

said by signmeuptoo:

I also recall, in Houston, a place called Souper Salad or something like that on Westheimer, man that place was GOOD!

I have never been to Pizza Inn, but heard it is nasty. Souper Salad is all over Houston and Dallas and is pretty good, but Sweet Tomatoes is basically the same thing, but better. I tend to go to the local mom and pop places for pizza.
--

Fiber Optics is the future of high-speed internet access. Stop by the BBR Fiber Optic Forum

sivran
Opera ex-pat
Premium
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX
reply to banditws6

said by banditws6:

said by signmeuptoo:

There is a Pizza Inn about five minutes away from me here in Dallas. I've never been. Sounds like I ought to go check it out. Then again, how long's it been since you were in one? As Dude can tell us, things suuuuure have changed in the last few years...

Yeah, you can't find one in Arlington or Mansfield anymore.
--
Think Outside the Fox.

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

1 recommendation

reply to jadinolf

said by jadinolf:

said by footballdude:

1930s eh?

Don't feel bad - my first job paid 65 cents and hour. TRUE

lol
80s. I think I made 2.90 at my first job.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Oh_No
Trogglus normalus

join:2011-05-21
Chicago, IL
reply to Dude111

If this is real you should report it to pizza hut corporate.
For Urgent Matters 1-800-948-8488(U.S. Only)
or fill out the webform: »www.pizzahut.com/contactus.html

It is very dangerous to not have food at the proper temps in a buffet.

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101
reply to Dude111

the pizza huts by us are always good. It's the Dominos around here that's scary.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
USA
reply to Oh_No

Yes it is real and i thank you for the #...

It was like the manger was nervous i was speaking loudly about it not being on...... Seems she shouldnt worry,no one else notices!! -- It just amazes me how that can go ALL DAY w/o being on!!! Im surely NOT THE ONLY ONE who orders that!!

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:15

1 recommendation

said by Dude111:

Yes it is real and i thank you for the #...

It was like the manger was nervous i was speaking loudly about it not being on...... Seems she shouldnt worry,no one else notices!! -- It just amazes me how that can go ALL DAY w/o being on!!! Im surely NOT THE ONLY ONE who orders that!!

Can't be that bad... it's the fourth time you've been back for it
--
If it's important, back it up... twice. Even 99.999% availability isn't enough sometimes.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
USA

Yes well i dont like to give up easily buddy,i keep trying and trying

Thespis
I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV.
Premium
join:2004-08-03
Keller, TX
reply to ilikeme

said by ilikeme:

I have never been to Pizza Inn, but heard it is nasty. Souper Salad is all over Houston and Dallas and is pretty good, but Sweet Tomatoes is basically the same thing, but better. I tend to go to the local mom and pop places for pizza.

RIP, Flying Tomato...
--
Fast. Cheap. Safe.
Pick two...