The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
reply to 25139889

Re: This is old news

said by 25139889:

E-911 depends on the state. Ohio and Michigan both have e-911 but it is only phone number. e911 was 2 phases location is hit and miss and was never required as they can obtain your phone number.

And with the AT&T device being discussed in this thread, it probably won't make any difference if you live in an area that fully supports all of the E-911 features (including GPS for mobile phones) unless the device is connecting through an AT&T 3G Microcell.

I could not find anything in the on-line documentation supplied by AT&T that even implied that this device supports GPS. However in several places there is a 911 warning disclaimer:

said by AT&T :

You should expect to provide your home address to the emergency response center responsible for sending first responders (e.g., police, medical assistance, or fire) to your location.

I think that the only way this device would fully support E-911 would be in conjunction with a 3G Microcell because the 3G Microcell does use GPS (and if my memory serves me, it also uses a manually entered street address that is expected to match the GPS reading).
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.