All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

datguy11
@verizon.net

datguy11

Anon

how to keep pool robot cord from tangling?

Click for full size
My pool robot's cord keeps tangling up like an old phone cord!

Ive unstretched it, wrapped it around fence posts, pulled it tight and left it in the sun, and it still wants to go back to this tight tangled mess. Pretty annoyning since it limits the distance the robot can travel.

Anyone know how i can "retrain" this thick cable into staying straight or any type of swivel device I can splice into it so that this stops happening/

John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

1 recommendation

John Galt6

Premium Member

The problem is that the conductors are not 'bonded' to the jacket, and once they get twisted, it is virtually impossible to get things back to the original condition.
tomupnorth
join:2005-01-14
UpperMidwest

tomupnorth to datguy11

to datguy11
said by datguy11 :

any type of swivel device I can splice into it so that this stops happening/

I can't tell what robot you have. Our Polaris 280 hose has several swivels cut-in to the hose at maybe 3 points in 20 feet. We occasionally do get a tangle but nothing like yours!

Jim7
Premium Member
join:2003-02-10

Jim7

Premium Member

said by tomupnorth:

said by datguy11 :

any type of swivel device I can splice into it so that this stops happening/

I can't tell what robot you have. Our Polaris 280 hose has several swivels cut-in to the hose at maybe 3 points in 20 feet. We occasionally do get a tangle but nothing like yours!

Kinda looks like an aquabot. If it is, then there is no hose involved. His power cord is what is twisting.

I'd call the manufacturer.

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium Member
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy to datguy11

Premium Member

to datguy11
said by datguy11 :

My pool robot's cord keeps tangling up like an old phone cord!

Ive unstretched it, wrapped it around fence posts, pulled it tight and left it in the sun, and it still wants to go back to this tight tangled mess. Pretty annoyning since it limits the distance the robot can travel.

Anyone know how i can "retrain" this thick cable into staying straight or any type of swivel device I can splice into it so that this stops happening/

That does indeed look like an aquabot - the best thing I can recommend is to call Aqua Products - www.aquabot.com - they are very friendly and helpful.

I own an Aquabot Turbo and have brought it into their office for service (they are located in Cedar Grove, NJ). Some of the best customer service I've had in a long time - it was a "while you wait" repair; they fixed my robot up and got it into great shape right there.

Excellent company; great service. I'd ask them.
iknow
Premium Member
join:2012-03-25

iknow to datguy11

Premium Member

to datguy11
they should tell you in the directions to reverse the direction of travel every other cleaning to prevent that!. it'll coil up in one direction, then when you reverse it, it untangles. (travel to the left/travel to the right)

echo85
RIP DINGO
Premium Member
join:2012-02-07

1 recommendation

echo85 to datguy11

Premium Member

to datguy11
Sure-get one of this model pool cleaner.....

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

+1........+1........+1.......+1

datguy11
@verizon.net

datguy11

Anon

No its not an aquabot, its a Robo Kleen by Dolphin.

They dont make these anymore , discontinued last year. Too bad because these robots were in expensive and do a GREAT job.

It switches directions automatically,so it goes fowards and backwards for 2 hours (its cleaning cycle)

I was wondering if there is something I can buy to cut into the wire (a swivel device)
HarryH3
Premium Member
join:2005-02-21

HarryH3 to datguy11

Premium Member

to datguy11
Start the cleaner and watch it run for a while. I think you'll find that it is always turning the same direction, essentially moving in large loops to either the left or right. When that happens with my Polaris, it's because a few teeth are broken on one of the drive wheels. I'm not familiar with your particular machine, but check the troubleshooting guide and look at the drive mechanism to see what keeps it going in a mostly straight line (until it reaches an obstructions).