KCrimson
Premium Member
join:2001-02-25
Brooklyn, NY

1 edit

KCrimson

Premium Member

Re: [IMG] MundoFox Channel 15 NYC

At least they're not HD, thus far. Won't those channels likely be found nationwide on FiOS? I know that the Fox Mundo channel is being advertised heavily on the other Fox networks, and I'm assuming those ads were placed nationwide.
Expand your moderator at work

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl to KCrimson

Premium Member

to KCrimson

Re: [IMG] MundoFox Channel 15 NYC

said by KCrimson:

At least they're not HD, thus far. Won't those channels likely to be found nationwide on FiOS? I know that the Fox Mundo channel is being advertised heavily on the other Fox networks, and I'm assuming those ads were placed nationwide.

MundoFox is being carried on local stations, so maybe they might pop up in other areas, but this is pertaining to a local OTA station in the New York market that Verizon never carried before.

PirateJim
Premium Member
join:2007-07-11
Toms River, NJ

PirateJim to FIOS4cable

Premium Member

to FIOS4cable

Re: [IMG] MundoFox Channel 15 NYC/Channel 20 - CONNECTICUT

MundoFox will be carried via WPXO-LD (a low-power digital station, available over the air on channel 34)

Don't know about America Teve, whether it's on a subchannel of an existing station in the NYC area, or just a stand-alone

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

3 edits

Greg2600 to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
Essentially MundoFox made an agreement, at least in the NYC market (Chicago and Miami too), to broadcast over WPXO, a NJ-based Low Power station (channel 34 ATSC). Now, that said, I read that much of the programming will be provided by the America Teve network out of Miami. So with that said, I'm kind of wondering what is going on channel 479?

I kind of wonder what MundoFox is bothering with the low power station though, since nobody can get that without a moderately powerful house antenna. At least in the NY/NJ market, I cannot imagine this one getting an HD slot, since there's no chance of them broadcasting in HD OTA. Though the Chicago affiliate WOCK has it in 720.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

1 edit

motorola870

said by Greg2600:

Essentially MundoFox made an agreement, at least in the NYC market (Chicago and Miami too), to broadcast over WPXO, a NJ-based Low Power station (channel 34 ATSC). Now, that said, I read that much of the programming will be provided by the America Teve network out of Miami. So with that said, I'm kind of wondering what is going on channel 479?

I kind of wonder what MundoFox is bothering with the low power station though, since nobody can get that without a moderately powerful house antenna. At least in the NY/NJ market, I cannot imagine this one getting an HD slot, since there's no chance of them broadcasting in HD OTA. Though the Chicago affiliate WOCK has it in 720.

MundoFox is not getting their programming from America TeVe. They are getting it from RCN Columbia and Fox international along with some of Fox Deportes productions. America TeVe is just an affiliate. The channel 479 is the displaced America TeVe network that was 34.1 in your area so now it is 34.2 . Also America TeVe has plans to launch MundoFox in HD next year in NYC according to a press release I saw.

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl to FIOS4cable

Premium Member

to FIOS4cable
These channels aren't on today like they were supposed to be. Maybe tomorrow?

liz1234
@pathfinder.com

liz1234

Anon

Where would I find this on Time Warner Cable? What channel?
FIOS4cable
join:2009-05-08
NYC

FIOS4cable

According to Mundo Fox you need to call to TWC

Contacte a su servicio de cable o sataclite si no se ve MundoFOX en la lista de canales disponibles.
Time Warner Cable: (888) 892-2253
DirecTV: (800) 370-3587
Dish Network: (888) 926-5457

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

sashwa to liz1234

Mod

to liz1234
liz, this would be better asked in our »Time Warner Cable TV/Voice forum.

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl to FIOS4cable

Premium Member

to FIOS4cable
These two channels are still not on this morning.

Greg2600
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
Wish I could confirm they're transmitting OTA, but I don't have a 10 foot antenna on my roof to receive their puny signal.

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

The station is on the air. Cablevision is carrying it.
tnsprin
join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL

tnsprin to Greg2600

to Greg2600
said by Greg2600:

They probably could care less about actually being received over the air. Just get all the channels picked up as must carry by Fios and the Cable companies.

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

said by tnsprin:

said by Greg2600:

They probably could care less about actually being received over the air. Just get all the channels picked up as must carry by Fios and the Cable companies.

I wonder what type of arrangement that station made with Fios & Cablevision for them to pick them up now. That station has been on the air for years and neither one of them carried it before.
FIOS4cable
NYC

FIOS4cable

According to FIOS the channel will launch before sep 2, 2012 .

Greg2600
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to matcarl

to matcarl
said by matcarl:

I wonder what type of arrangement that station made with Fios & Cablevision for them to pick them up now. That station has been on the air for years and neither one of them carried it before.

MundoFox I suppose got it done. Normally LP stations are not considered for carriage, because they have garbage on them. As I said, this sounded like MundoFox may have been required to have an OTA affiliate to get onto those systems.

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

Here's the press release with an HD feed by year end.

»newscenter.verizon.com/p ··· the.html
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to Greg2600

to Greg2600
said by Greg2600:

Wish I could confirm they're transmitting OTA, but I don't have a 10 foot antenna on my roof to receive their puny signal.

You wouldn't be getting them in Belleville even with a rooftop antenna. WPXO is directional mainly to the south and east (over Brooklyn and Queens). I have an outdoor antenna at my home in West Orange and there is no signal from WPXO.
FIOS4cable
NYC

FIOS4cable

MundoFox is live Channel 20

Mundofox is working

PirateJim
Premium Member
Toms River, NJ

PirateJim

Premium Member

Not on in VHO7 ..

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

It's on in VHO5 and decent picture too
Expand your moderator at work

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

icemannyr1 to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable

Re: [IMG] MundoFox Channel 15 NYC/Channel 20 - CONNECTICUT

Ch15 is on for VHO7 it's not in the guide.
FIOS4cable
NYC

FIOS4cable

It's was move to channel 20. What state are you from ?

vlime286
@verizon.net

vlime286 to FIOS4cable

Anon

to FIOS4cable
I'm in New York and the new channel is on channel 20. But it looks like it's not Mundofox, and instead it's WPXO's subchannel that carries the America Teve network.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by vlime286 :

I'm in New York and the new channel is on channel 20. But it looks like it's not Mundofox, and instead it's WPXO's subchannel that carries the America Teve network.

Yeah this was also reported on the Verizon website forum.

PirateJim
Premium Member
Toms River, NJ

PirateJim to vlime286

Premium Member

to vlime286
said by vlime286 :

I was also getting America Teve this morning, but I just checked now, and it's MundoFox ..
I beleive it was already reported that we will get America Teve on Channel 479 ..

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

icemannyr1 to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
Ch15 switched to MundoFOX on VHO7.