how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gambitNJ

@verizon.net
reply to blacknoi

Re: [iO] New Jersey All Digital

Good luck with them removing SDV... My neighborhood has been All Digital since this June... The Tuning Adapter is still needed due to Cablevisions refusal to get rid of SDV STILL!! I removed my Tuning Adapter back in Febuary due to the Incompetance of Cablevision, plus constantly daily rebooting thru out the day.. Cablevision has NEVER known how to use SDV, it has been their BIGGEST Failure...

blacknoi

join:2004-11-06
Stanhope, NJ
reply to kickass69
Now I can't wait until they remove the tuning adapter requirement to get the premium movie channels.

That thing when it reboots causes my tivo's recordings to stop/clip.

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
reply to kickass69
So what clear QAM channels do you get if you do a scan?

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

1 edit
reply to dm145
HD Channels added that were missing due to not being 100 digital:

34 TV Land HD
45 Lifetime HD
55 MTV2 HD
105 Bloomberg TV in HD
126 Disney Junior HD
161 H2 HD
171 Investigation Discovery HD
775 Univision Deportes Network HD

Along with ESPN GoalLine/Buzzer Beater HD and News12 Travel&Weather HD that were launched today

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
reply to frdrizzt
We had BBCA HD while we still had analog.

dm145

Clifton, NJ

1 edit
reply to kickass69
Holy crap, the HD channels were added to my system today.

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to Bob4
He is referring to BBC America HD, Investigation Discovery HD, H2 HD, Disney Jr HD, and 4 other channels that I can't think of off the top of my head. They are in the lineup for areas that have completed the full digital lineup activation - NYC, LI, Con, Westchester, and parts of NJ all have completed it, and have those channels.

RemyM

join:2005-02-14
Stamford, CT
kudos:1
reply to Bob4
said by Bob4:

said by kickass69:

the missing HD channels from the past year or so

Huh? Missing channels?

Many of the new HD channel additions in the past year were only added to the all digital systems. The systems that have just recently converted are just getting them now.

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
reply to kickass69
said by kickass69:

the missing HD channels from the past year or so

Huh? Missing channels?

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

1 recommendation

reply to dm145
I noticed just now that all the missing HD channels from the past year or so are now showing and active in the Morris County system. Also the analog feeds are completely gone...no screen saying to get boxes aka informational slates as frdrizzt called them...nothing.

In our case the active analog feeds were pulled alittle over a month ago with the informational slates and now they're gone compared to the 3 months in your case.

frdrizzt

Ronkonkoma, NY
reply to dm145
All maintenances have been canceled since the storm through tomorrow. Some initial work this week to be completed prior to launching has been delayed for that reason.

dm145

Clifton, NJ
reply to dm145
3 months since going "digital" and still don't have new HD channels!

frdrizzt

Ronkonkoma, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to dm145
I know that. You are trying to argue the same thing I specifically stated.

You aren't going to get the benefits before the informational slates are pulled, and they're not going to be pulled until either the whole head end or maybe just a single CMTS in the head end is all digital. The channels will not be added until work is done, so the group working on the guide has 0 impact on pulling the analog feeds.

dm145

Clifton, NJ
reply to frdrizzt
but the benefits of being all digital won't be realized until they add those channels, remove sdv, offer dvr+, etc......

frdrizzt

Ronkonkoma, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to kickass69
said by kickass69:

One can only hope, though it seems with the Onyx guide fiasco and not even able to push out News 12 Traffic & Weather...they might be dealing with too much that they thought they could handle but apparently can't.

The all-digital should be separate from the other two. Launch of additional HD channels after the full digital activation would also involve the same people working on the guide, but the all digital switch is simply someone changing the analog streams to the message at the head end, then later shutting down the message when the channels go black screen. No changes to boxes or software updates are required, and boxes do not need to reboot.

dm145

Clifton, NJ
reply to kickass69
^^^^
Very sad

kickass69

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
reply to Jmartz
One can only hope, though it seems with the Onyx guide fiasco and not even able to push out News 12 Traffic & Weather...they might be dealing with too much that they thought they could handle but apparently can't.

Jmartz

join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ
reply to kickass69
I think the plan was to be 100% digital every where by the end of the year.. that's coming quick, I would guess that the last areas are being cut over now and eventually all the blue screens will go away... at that point you'll see the additional HD and lack of SDV...

I know in Tenafly, Smithsonian channel used to be SDV channel... it's not anymore, but some of the premiums are still SDV... it's weird... no new HD channels though.

I think Tenafly got the blue screens in mid-August.

gambitNJ

@optonline.net
reply to Lrscpa
No, although I pulled my tuning adapters back in Feb. My area has been "all digital" since June and the Premium HD Channels that were SDV back then are STILL SDV.. It's ridiculous!! Areas in NY that have gone all Digital no longer have SDV anymore.. It's complete BS. FYI, I'm in the Morris County/Parsippany area. When I try to contact Customer Service asking when SDV will FINALLY be removed, they are completely clueless and ALWAYS end up screwing over my cablecards by removing service etc because they think they are helping. To think all I ever ask us a Question to be answered by them, but instead they try to reconfigure my setup etc... Friggen Morons!

Lrscpa

join:1999-08-26
Demarest, NJ
reply to kickass69
Been all digital since mid-August. Think I can pull the tuning adapters??

limegrass69
Here's my Posting tag

join:2008-05-28
reply to BrielleRalph

Re: Wall System still has 57 unencrypted digital channels

said by BrielleRalph:

Just wanted to let you know that the Monmouth County - Wall system still has 57 unencrypted digital channels. I can't imagine how much longer this will last. All the local (NYC area) main channels except WPIX and NJTV are available in HD and SD. QVC and News 12 are also available in HD. Several of the Philadelphia channels and a host of shopping networks are available in SD.

Until Cablevision decides to encrypt broadcast basic at some unknown point in the future, broadcast basic channels will remain in clear QAM (digital) in most areas.

BrielleRalph

join:2012-10-24
Brielle, NJ
reply to kickass69
Just wanted to let you know that the Monmouth County - Wall system still has 57 unencrypted digital channels. I can't imagine how much longer this will last. All the local (NYC area) main channels except WPIX and NJTV are available in HD and SD. QVC and News 12 are also available in HD. Several of the Philadelphia channels and a host of shopping networks are available in SD.

dm145

Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to xirian

Re: [iO] New Jersey All Digital

said by xirian:

said by civic110 :

I got the blue screen on September 11...still waiting for it to go off and complete the conversion in order to get the HD's I've been missing.

Been a little over a month now with time left to go!

My area's digital date was in June.. the blue screens didn't disappear til the last few weeks and I haven't seen any more HD channels appear yet.

Completely horrible! And if you call to ask where the hd channels are, the rep will be clueless. Probably will ask you to reboot box, LOL.
Makes no sense to me why it is a three month process.

xirian
Premium
join:2003-01-26
Beacon, NY
kudos:1
reply to civic110
said by civic110 :

I got the blue screen on September 11...still waiting for it to go off and complete the conversion in order to get the HD's I've been missing.

My area's digital date was in June.. the blue screens didn't disappear til the last few weeks and I haven't seen any more HD channels appear yet.

civic110

@optonline.net
reply to HoundNJ

HoundNJ

join:2010-10-08
Denville, NJ
reply to kickass69
Just went all digital here last night. Now we need the misssing HD channels 722,775,776,777,778,848 and 849.

limegrass69
Here's my Posting tag

join:2008-05-28
reply to toroloco
said by toroloco :

Yes I tried rescanning. I ended up having to get a stb for those rooms.
Fine for now but in a years time I'll have to revisit this.
So the fcc rule does not apply ?

In a year from now, you'll have to "re-visit" this by either paying for the set top boxes, coming up with some other solution that requires an authentication device from Cablevision (or competing video provider), or getting a rooftop antenna.

dm145

Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to kickass69
Still waiting for my 8/7/12 all digital cutoff to complete!
Want the missing HD channels, option for dvr+, elimination of premium sdv channels, and 8 downstream channels.
Should be any day now unless they are all focused on the New Guide fiasco.

kickass69

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
reply to toroloco
Cable Operators Can Fight Theft by Encrypting Signals, FCC Rules

»www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-1···les.html

"Cable companies led by Comcast Corp. (CMCSA) won U.S. permission to encrypt their basic service to fight theft and reduce service calls.

The Federal Communications Commission voted 5-0 to allow encryption, the agency said in an order released yesterday. Cable companies already encrypt offerings on more expensive channel packages that feature more programming.

The FCC had prohibited encryption on basic service so customers wouldn’t need to rent a set-top box to view local stations."

toroloco

@optonline.net
reply to limegrass69
Yes I tried rescanning. I ended up having to get a stb for those rooms.
Fine for now but in a years time I'll have to revisit this.
So the fcc rule does not apply ?