share rss forum feed

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

1 recommendation

reply to Xlogic

Re: New guy to photography.

First thing, that is a pretty good image cropped. There is not much noise, so the camera is pretty good.

I understand the big hands thing. I have an SLR and I got a battery grip to make it larger.

There are links to tips and guides down the left side of the forum to give you some guidelines. I can post a few more. Some of these may not be great (the one tends to hire people that cannot write grammatically correct posts, but what they are posting is easy to follow).

»photo.tutsplus.com/ --
The irony of common sense, it is not that common.
I cannot deny anything I did not say.
A kitten dies every time someone uses "then" and "than" incorrectly.
I mock people who give their children odd spelling of names.

Xlogic
Premium
join:2002-10-17
Conyers, GA
Thanks for the link. I have been reading a lot and still trying to figure out ISO and F/stop. For now just keeping the camera on auto.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy
Using auto isn't the worst thing, and you did well. As you learn, you will branch out and be able to take more risks, but in the meantime, along with the links given above, just practice. Being comfortable with the unit you hold is a big start. Learning the particulars can take time and patience, but from what I see, you're steady and more than capable of taking, and cropping, some really nice shots. And...WELCOME to my passion.
--
JKK

Age is a very high price to pay for my maturity. If I can't stay young, I can at least stay immature!

»www.pbase.com/jaykaykay