share rss forum feed

Warzau
Premium
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL
kudos:1
reply to Nuckfuts

Re: White Sox Thread

Not at all, again the bullpen lets us down. ARGH!!!

whymeintrouble
Premium
join:2001-06-20
Naperville, IL
the only good thing about this is that after using the hot poker on both eyes I no longer can see horrible white sox baseball. unfortunately, I can still hear it

when do the hawks start.....oh wait, SCREW YOU HOCKEY OWNERS!

gonna be a LLLLOOOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG Winter

Warzau
Premium
Naperville, IL
Man I had so much hope, then the past two weeks have been a total cluster f*ck. No Hockey, ugh. Better start on the vitamin D pills.

jsinaiko
Premium
join:2001-04-25
Chicago, IL
Hey - can you lend me the red hot poker please?
--
Illegitimati non carborundum

Nuckfuts
Premium
join:2003-10-18
Joliet, IL
Not to be rude but we know what it feels like to be a Cubs fan now.

jsinaiko
Premium
Chicago, IL
I don't think so - a pennant rqace into late September is not the same thing as losing 100 games and not winning a WS since Teddy Roosevelt was president!

After the requisite angst, I'm OK with it - they folded. Shit happens. Da Bears being pretty good helps a LOT.

This will be a very interesting off-season.
--

Warzau
Premium
Naperville, IL
reply to jsinaiko
Nope not a Cubs fan. At least they got further that what was anticipated by many if not all. It would have been great to go into the post season, but would hate to lose this badly in the playoffs.

jsinaiko
Premium
Chicago, IL
I agree Warzau. And it is far worse being a Rangers fan. They went into 1st place on April 9th and got knocked out today! And may miss the playoffs. As for the Killer Cubbies...101 losses I think. Keep up the good work!
--

Nuckfuts
Premium
Joliet, IL
I was not just referring to this year for the Cubs. We got a taste on how it feels to choke.

Jon
Premium
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL
reply to Nuckfuts
said by Nuckfuts:

Not to be rude but we know what it feels like to be a Cubs fan now.

No.
You don't.

jsinaiko
Premium
Chicago, IL
And never will! I won't anyhow.
--

hambonepat

join:2003-05-06
Chicago, IL
said by jsinaiko:

But your grandchild's grandchildren might.

jsinaiko
Premium
Chicago, IL
Blasphemy! I will come back as a zombie and eat their brains if they do!
--

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL

2 recommendations

reply to jsinaiko
said by jsinaiko:

It has some advantages. By mid-may we're done so it really frees up my weekends for other things since I'm not inside watching the game. Oh, and I don't have to worry about idiot friends making plans on the same day as an important game.

Wait. Maybe that's a disadvantage. Now I have no reason to miss their stupid baby shower.

jsinaiko
Premium
Chicago, IL
I just got flamed by a Cubs fan on FB. I mean, he was pissed off! FUCK YOU!! he said all because I mentioned 100 losses.

You are very charitable to us rather caustic Sox fans Jon. At least to me.
--

Warzau
Premium
Naperville, IL
reply to jsinaiko
I agree, Jon is the type of Fan I can get along with. Believe it or not I did root for the Cubs in 03. Hell at that point I wanted any Chicago team to win a Championship! I just hate how caustic some people are about the rivalry.

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL

2 recommendations

reply to jsinaiko
I don't hate the Sox or their fans. We have plenty of freinds that are sox fans.I'm pretty indifferent actually. If their not in our division so I don't pay much attention. Like I tell everyone who asks.. "I'm not a Baseball fan, I'm a cubs fan". I think people act like that because they think they're supposed too. They're the reason I won't go to cubs/sox games anymore.

The worst cubs team in history lost 103 games (I think maybe 104) This year they lost 101. I mean really? Go for the record! They even fail at failing! Being a Cubs fan is a tough job.

Just don't dis my Bears though. Then it's on!

Warzau
Premium
Naperville, IL
I saw something similar, " I don't hate the Cubs, I just don't care/follow them, the same way I do of other baseball teams"

Nuckfuts
Premium
Joliet, IL
reply to Jon
I have a few Diehard Cub friends that I know would not like you since you are supporting them no matter how bad the season is. I don't care what anyone thinks but if a team keeps failing for 104 years but keeps filling the seats, as an owner who cares. The true diehard fans keep filling their pockets. My one buddies Dad is a diehard and made a post on FB that said "100 loses or 100 wins, a miss is a miss", referring to the Sox downfall. Really, at least we fought for our division and not quit in April and have one a championship in the last 100+ years. When I say this to my diehard cub friends they say "Is that all you got? Gonna use that line all the time?" Hell yeah, like you would not? Gimme a break. What is sad is there are so many ignorant fans for both teams out there. Another example. A friend of mine at the bar once told me that he hates the Soxs so much that he would not care if the Cubs lost all of their games except against the Soxs and finish 6-156. This was during the crosstown classic. I then realized my friend is a complete idiot.

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
I can tell you I have stopped supporting them with my wallet. We haven't been to a game in a few years. They raise prices every year but never provide a better product. I mean, $50 or $60 for bleacher seats? For me and my wife to go to a game after parking, food, beer and whatever else, It's a $200-$300 day. I just can't do it. The arguments are as old as the teams. Wrigley is the worlds biggest beer garden and no one that goes there is a real "Fan". The Sox can't get fans in the stadium etc..

IMO, A "Diehard" fan is not one that abandons the team at the first sign of trouble. To support them only when they do well is not a diehard fan, they're fair weather/band wagon fans. Ask your "diehard" friends to name all 9 starting players. I bet they can't. But ultimately I say, whatever. What am I supposed to do? Suddenly like the Texas Rangers? The Bears have sucked for almost 30 years. Should I switch to the Pats? I'd rather have a colonoscopy.