aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
reply to pnh102

Re: Buy One Now If You Need It

said by pnh102:

Point.

I wouldn't mind the use of in-home boosters provided by the cell phone carrier, but these should be provided at no extra charge to the customer, as it compensating for a defect in the service.

Most carriers will provide one free of charge. As long as you show you get a crappy signal from them in your home, they will typically provide one for free.

But if you have a halfway decent signal, no one should be expecting the carrier to provide it for free, since it's not really needed.

scooper

join:2000-07-11
Youngsville, NC
kudos:2
reallY ? Free ? to Any customer ?

Dream on ! I could really use one at my house (I only get Edge network from AT&T). and they DO NOT even offer them at any price for those of us that use only GoPhones !

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
said by scooper:

reallY ? Free ? to Any customer ?

Dream on ! I could really use one at my house (I only get Edge network from AT&T). and they DO NOT even offer them at any price for those of us that use only GoPhones !

It sounds like if you get Edge network you are fine. You can make and receive calls. The carriers that will give you a free Femtocell won't do it if you get a signal. It's not about speed but the signal. If you basically have no signal, that is when you can get the Femtocell. But one or two bars is a decent enough signal.