uniqs
share rss forum feed

Talonn
Premium
join:2004-09-26
Lebanon, MO
reply to shimniok

Re: [Qwest] CenturyLink DSL dropping intermittently

Had similar trouble about a year ago. With help from CL talk to us team they were able to get local techs to a complete line re-conditioning (from my NID to the DSLAM 2.7 miles). They went pedestal to pedestal and found 3 areas that eith need replaced or fixed. When they were done my line problems were gone.

Locomotion

join:2012-08-22
Minneapolis, MN
reply to shimniok
As a result of this forum and emails to CL, they finally got my intermittent drops fixed. It took a lot of complaining and raising the level of response to someone who understands what you are talking about. I went through all of the steps you describe with the exception of the graphs. I saved the modem logs to prove my problem. I am 1500 feet from a fiber node and when it works it is great. My neighbor also had the same problems. What ever they did at the access point it worked. I am happy to report that I have now gone 29 days without one single DSL link failure and no link retrains. The bad news is I am moving and there is no fiber in the new neighborhood and I have to go back to 1.5 mgbs. I always knew the problem was between my house and CL because I had static on my voice line for 38 years before it got fixed.