BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2

1 edit
reply to Nick D

Re: What makes YOU elite?

said by Nick D:

People like recognition, and they like the concept that this award/reward can only be obtained by putting forth the same effort as they did.

Oh, I see...kind of like being rewarded a disproportionately large circular pendant made of precious metal for you to wear around your neck for being good at jumping on a trampoline?
--
McBrain#1558 - Barbarian/Monk

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

1 edit

Preeeeecisely.

EDIT: Except we hold the ability to jump on trampolines or move our legs really fast to a higher standard (and thus those achievements tend to be viewed as "legitimate" and the limited rewards as justified) than clicking keys in response to visual stimulus from a computer program.

I suppose there's something to be said for active competition, and there is such a thing as being objectively better than the other guy in sport, and that drakes and titles don't have a quantity cutoff (there are only 3 medals per event in the Olympics after all).

But that doesn't mean we should start handing out participation medals for everyone who tries to qualify for the Olympics, no matter how poorly they perform. It's a matter of moving the cutoffs, though.

The hardest Rag ever was was pre-nerf, so that's the gold standard. Everyone who killed Rag then gets Firelord, and I don't think you can argue that.

You can probably also state with agreement that level 90s who do 100,000 DPS average who kill him are probably just lolzing through it and do not deserve the same rewards (if you accept my premises above).

But are the rewards still valid if you killed him after the 15% nerf?

Are they still valid if you killed him at level 85 in Dragon Soul gear?