join:2010-01-29
canada

thcmacgyver

Re: Terrible Terrible TekSavvy / Bell Story

thcmacgyver

1 edit

thcmacgyver to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
Like I love you guys, and have always stuck up for Teksavvy. But come on, send a email to your agents for advise for what can be improved and see what happens and listen to them. As we don't all think the same way, and some of your agents might have a good idea to help out. Hell we are teksavvy

Oh and it would be best to have one person get the emails, so they don't go missing or unheard

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

1 edit

Tx to novinha

Premium Member

to novinha
said by novinha :

Marc, I was frankly surprised at the customer service performance because you had such great reputation for it as a company. But I assure you, it's not the odd person having a bad day. I spoke to three agents in the past three days - and it was a farce. Basic, and I mean basic, listening skills, nevermind technical or customer relations competence, was simply not there. I can give you an example, after being on the phone with "Dave" for 30 min, troubleshooting, opening a ticket with Rogers, he concluded the call with assuring me that a new modem is on the way - !!! We just spent the last half hour troubleshooting this new modem which I already received and installed, as I repeatedly mentioned to him.
In retrospect, it makes sense that whatever tickets he created made no sense.

If you can believe it, I just received another call asking me to verify whether the new modem is plugged in, and since I am currently not home, I've been asked to call back to provide this assurance. No further work will continue on this issue until I do it.

The only pleasant and efficient customer service I've received thus far is from the accounting department when I call in every month with my Amex

Martin, I appreciate your offer of looking into this, in fact I would be very grateful. I can't pm you as a non-member, but you can contact me at REMOVED at gmail and one of the tickets I've had for this issue was REMOVED, I hope that helps in tracking it down.

Might i suggest removing your ticket ID and your email and email martin at support@teksavvy.com with ATTN: Martin in the subject?

I wouldn't post either OID or your gmail email on here.

my 2c

Edit: I suggested to remove them yet i quoted you lol..
Tx

1 edit

Tx to thcmacgyver

Premium Member

to thcmacgyver
said by thcmacgyver:

Like I love you guys, and have always stuck up for Teksavvy. But come on, send a email to your agents for advise for what can be improved and see what happens and listen to them. As we don't all think the same way, and some of your agents might have a good idea to help out. Hell we are teksavvy

I know you worked there, but i don't think emailing the agents would fix it. At our office though email is MANDATORY to read when you have any to open and read half the office doesn't do it.

I find it a lack of respect for the job personally and if it were my employees i'd lay the hammer down. Threat of loosing the job will either smarten up the group or weed out the crappy agents that don't care to educate themselves.

I don't know what internal issues there are that you may know about so i cannot comment on that of course lol

Been quite a few years since i worked at any office since i own my own business but this was how it was always done. No one cared enough.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to thcmacgyver

Premium Member

to thcmacgyver
I'm not sure what you're referring too but in the last 6 months, since we've moved into the new location, there's been a massive amount of change. It's like night and day from a year ago. Whatever you think you know, assume that's no longer the case because pretty much everything is different.

It's fair game though that the past will come up and pretty much until we're absolutely flawless for a year straight, I'll have to defend like this. But I guess that's what I'm trying to say is that things are changing and they're changing for the positive and so you have to look at what's happening in real time. Issue by issue.

thcmacgyver
join:2010-01-29
canada

thcmacgyver to Tx

to Tx
Ah worked there for many years and loved it so much that took too much to heart and had to leave on health issues.

But just got annoying when agents email management for a issue or change to help out, and you would get a angry message back or a sarcastic replay back, which would cause the ball to stops there and not get to the proper people that will listen or fix the issue.

Now don't get me wrong, i will still refer people to Teksavvy. Just I will be doing their support on all levels, instead of the new Teksavvy techs. So they don't have to worry about DMC charges.
thcmacgyver

thcmacgyver to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Yes I know things have changed for the better, but there are things that should have changed as well.

Also fixing the portal for resellers would be nice too. So we don't have to call up to get a DSL signal check.

As that would cut down call time as well. But that's what i mean. Little things that would save time and money.
As that way, that agent that is taking that call, is able to help other clients that have issues.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

1 edit

TSI Marc to novinha

Premium Member

to novinha
said by novinha :

Marc, I was frankly surprised at the customer service performance because you had such great reputation for it as a company. But I assure you, it's not the odd person having a bad day. I spoke to three agents in the past three days - and it was a farce. Basic, and I mean basic, listening skills, nevermind technical or customer relations competence, was simply not there. I can give you an example, after being on the phone with "Dave" for 30 min, troubleshooting, opening a ticket with Rogers, he concluded the call with assuring me that a new modem is on the way - !!! We just spent the last half hour troubleshooting this new modem which I already received and installed, as I repeatedly mentioned to him.
In retrospect, it makes sense that whatever tickets he created made no sense.

If you can believe it, I just received another call asking me to verify whether the new modem is plugged in, and since I am currently not home, I've been asked to call back to provide this assurance. No further work will continue on this issue until I do it.

The only pleasant and efficient customer service I've received thus far is from the accounting department when I call in every month with my Amex

Martin, I appreciate your offer of looking into this, in fact I would be very grateful. I can't pm you as a non-member, but you can contact me at [removed] at gmail and one of the tickets I've had for this issue was OID-[removed], I hope that helps in tracking it down.

okay. thanks for this post.
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to thcmacgyver

Premium Member

to thcmacgyver
things are still changing.

Comment
@teksavvy.com

Comment to TSI Marc

Anon

to TSI Marc
"As far as training goes. We have done more than 20000 hours of training this year."

You can't help yourself, can you? Faced with a unpleasant reality, there is this persistent Pavlovian response of throwing out some "statistic" as though it were a "solution". There is an old observation that "20 years experience" can simply mean doing the same thing year after year, learning nothing.

You are in denial (no, it's not a river in Egypt). Teksavvy has a cultural systemic problem. Any one reading this thread (and others) will see it. In spite of all the protests to the contrary, you do not show any interest in the individual customer, but rather generating "statistics" that "prove" overall "customer satisfaction".

And that is the primary underlying problem.

Look at what can be gleaned from this thread:

1. Call response time has been continually getting worse for over a year. As it has degraded, it has simply been accepted as the "new normal". Yes, there are new hires, but only in reaction to the situation getting worse, never sufficient to "reverse the trend".

2. A new phone system was installed, not to reduce call response times (although it was hoped to be an ancillary result), but to "improve" the audio quality and provide better internal facilities for Teksavvy. And events have shown that this installation was woefully inadequately tested and that there was NO fall-back should things go wrong.

3. For whatever reason (it doesn't have to be a direct instruction), problems are NOT escalated and are NOT properly processed NOR documented. (It's a guess, but I suspect that the Techs are measured on how fast they can "clear a call", rather than how effectively it was resolved.)
graniterock
Premium Member
join:2003-03-14
London, ON

graniterock to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
It might be because my wife worked in a call centre for many years or it could be the social worker in me but.... trying to read between the lines about some of the CSR / Client reports and all the changes occurring over the last while I'm wondering if some of the CSR's are suffering from occupational stress.

Not to pick on Dave but this account reads like someone who is burning out. You see it in the health care field too that as people become stressed and burnt out one can become more rigid / nitpicky with rules, less likely to provide access to supervisors or consult with others and have reduced inability to empthathize or listen to customers.

I have no idea what the TSI call centres are like as a work place. I have generally heard good things. It's not just about the training. Perhaps consider some moral boasting efforts as we approach the return of students to school and the increase of demand that comes along with it.
quote:
To add insult to injury, the support staff refused to escalate the call, and kept forcefully reminding me that I cannot get a refund. When I finally spoke to someone in customer service I received a lecture about the fact that the Terms of Agreement which I accepted upon signing up state that TSI will have time to complete their troubleshooting. So if the support agents, through incompetence or malice, prolong the service outage, I'm out of luck. And if I attempt to cancel the service, if only to stop wasting my time on these pointless calls that lead to no resolution - I can't get my money back.

Rastan
join:2007-04-25
Canada

Rastan

I worked in a call centre as a tech support/customer service agent in the past and it's a thankless job. Even if Teksavvy's management team is good, the customers usually suck. If wait times are now back to 5-10 minutes that means Teksavvy's employees don't even get a short break between calls and dealing with arrogant & ignorant customers all day long is not pleasant.

It's hard to run a call centre but my advice to Teksavvy is to do away with the typical performance matrix most call centre's use, if they use this evaluation system. It doesn't evaluate employees accurately and the matrix itself provides incentives for employees to take shortcuts in order to score more points. The whole system is counterproductive and useless.

tonytoronto
join:2007-10-31
Toronto, ON

tonytoronto to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

If you guys can help me out, I'd like to get a list of all the problems that are occurring, the root causes, to try to weed out what we are currently doing on each front and what we aught to be doing in each case.

So for example, the original OP, his issue was that he just wasn't getting the right speeds due to distance issue it looks like at a glance. That then turned into another problem and spiraled from there... even though he spoke to great techs along the way it just wasn't fixing it.

The last post, the modem was messed up, and it then became a problem. It turned ugly from there.

Marc,
To me the biggest issue i have with tech support is how long it takes to get a ticket open. After logs and stats are sent and problem confirmed it shouldn't take well over week just to get an appointment with Rogers, plus another 3 days for the tech show up. It shouldn't take more than 2-3 days for tech to be here, period. I had 2-3 tickets open over the same issue, they refused to escalate it with Rogers. Instead of following up with me, techs just close the tickets. Funny, one tech suggested maybe leaving would be a good/my only option, best advice i got from tech support so far.
You guys have been blaming it on growing pains for a while, but there are things that should be good by now, they not--they getting worst! My wife called and waited well over hour, no one answered. BTW, waiting music sucks!
I tend to use the direct forums instead of calling, and even that sloooow, days go by sometimes without a reply.
You have ways to go, to bring it back to the good old teksavvy, hopefully by the time you do, you still have a few customers left.

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx to Rastan

Premium Member

to Rastan
said by Rastan:

I worked in a call centre as a tech support/customer service agent in the past and it's a thankless job. Even if Teksavvy's management team is good, the customers usually suck. If wait times are now back to 5-10 minutes that means Teksavvy's employees don't even get a short break between calls and dealing with arrogant & ignorant customers all day long is not pleasant.

It's hard to run a call centre but my advice to Teksavvy is to do away with the typical performance matrix most call centre's use, if they use this evaluation system. It doesn't evaluate employees accurately and the matrix itself provides incentives for employees to take shortcuts in order to score more points. The whole system is counterproductive and useless.

Hit the nail on the head there... I was level 3 support at an old job.

Example (real life though i could be off on the queue by a few):

Queue @ 105
SLA 35% (for the day) _expected daily projections are 88% plus

and we get 10 seconds from the minute we set ourselves on "READY" on the phones after a call. If we are on BUSY or the end of a call for an excessive amount of time it reflects badly on our quarterly reviews. It takes a toll when it's irate customer after another.

Wait times of 15 minutes people usually were ok. 20-1 hour we had a steaming person on the phone, especially if the call was *cough* dropped by another agent as they were placed on hold.

It is truly a thankless job. I loved the job, still would but don't expect many praises. It's not ALWAYS bad. I had several customers who shot the shit with me while we troubleshoot the issues. Avoid dead air, but keep a call at a minimum. Our expected call per was 14 minutes for level 3 support.

It's no wonder our office lost the contract.

As for agents redoing tests over and over each phone call i find bad. In the helpdesk software we used (Clarify, Siebel and Heat) you read the notes right away before proceeding to testing all over again.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

TSI Marc to Comment

Premium Member

to Comment
said by Comment :

"As far as training goes. We have done more than 20000 hours of training this year."

You can't help yourself, can you? Faced with a unpleasant reality, there is this persistent Pavlovian response of throwing out some "statistic" as though it were a "solution". There is an old observation that "20 years experience" can simply mean doing the same thing year after year, learning nothing.

You are in denial (no, it's not a river in Egypt). Teksavvy has a cultural systemic problem. Any one reading this thread (and others) will see it. In spite of all the protests to the contrary, you do not show any interest in the individual customer, but rather generating "statistics" that "prove" overall "customer satisfaction".

And that is the primary underlying problem.

Look at what can be gleaned from this thread:

1. Call response time has been continually getting worse for over a year. As it has degraded, it has simply been accepted as the "new normal". Yes, there are new hires, but only in reaction to the situation getting worse, never sufficient to "reverse the trend".

2. A new phone system was installed, not to reduce call response times (although it was hoped to be an ancillary result), but to "improve" the audio quality and provide better internal facilities for Teksavvy. And events have shown that this installation was woefully inadequately tested and that there was NO fall-back should things go wrong.

3. For whatever reason (it doesn't have to be a direct instruction), problems are NOT escalated and are NOT properly processed NOR documented. (It's a guess, but I suspect that the Techs are measured on how fast they can "clear a call", rather than how effectively it was resolved.)

Dude,

You've demonstrated nothing to me. You're wrong on all three counts.

It's the reverse that's happening. I'm on here defending because I know just how hard the staff are working and that it's my job to back them up. How am I to expect that they will back me up if I don't have their backs. It's precisely because it's unpleasant that I'm here, answering the tough questions. Raising the bar, trying to meet expectations.

If on the other hand everything was going to hell in a hand basket, it would be as you say and I would definitely not be on here, apparently acting like there's nothing going on.

There *is* something going on. There are some problems and I'm here addressing them.

Wait times are back down to 20 minutes or so now that the phone system is fixed. 20 additional bodies are starting on the phones on Monday, they've been in training for the past two weeks.

Things break down when the central tool that runs the entire company is not working tip top. You can only test so much and if you haven't been hiding under a rock for the past two years, the previous phone system was a piece of junk, so dealing with the queues for a couple weeks was acceptable. The phone system wasn't crashing, it was simply a configuration problem that required vendor support. case closed.

It's you guys making mountains. We have 20 new bodies on the floor now and another 20 on the way and 2 months ago we hired 20 as well. We haven't just been waiting for things to blow up. Necessarily though they are less experienced regardless of the amount of training they've received, and they've received good training, certainly better the in the past.

So, yeah, we're going to have a few things messed up here and there, we're not perfect. I'm committing though that we will try to make things right each and every time we find a problem.

So look. lets let things play out. You guys keep speaking up and we'll keep paying attention and whatever problems do come up we can talk about it and work through it.

For what it's worth, each and every comment on CanadianISP was reviewed by our VP of Operations. The guy running the entire shop essentially. We've been on the problems all year and you'll notice that the same problems are not coming back except for systemic problems like firmware on modems. Take away, missed appointments by the incumbents, Crazy setup and DMC charges imposed on us by the CRTC, firmware issues and incumbent network outages or distance issues where service wasn't available. You're left with not too many problems. We have wait time issues here and there but for the most part wait times have been in the single digit minutes all year. We monitor this all day every day.

Now, do I think we can improve, hell yeah. But my point is that everything is not completely messed up. We need better systems to track stuff better 100% agree, working on that. We recently deployed an upgraded ticketing system that has helped but it's not nearly enough. We need to keep training and cross training our staff. 100% agree... that's happening but it takes time. we have 250-300 staff working for us, it's the busy season. Call volumes are up nearly 25% from a couple months ago. People are being asked to work over time to help out.

I'm not absolving myself and that's probably the thing that I'm most frustrated about is that I need to be on here and paying more attention but also conveying more what's going on internally. We've changed so many things and so many things are on the way. we have a new web site nearly finished, very excited about that. We have new web forms for Videotron, Cogeco and Telus nearly ready to go. We have a new mail server nearly ready to deploy. Many of these things have been problems for years. We're finally improving them.

I know I'm coming off like I don't want to accept what you see as being in plain view but I'm not going to agree to that and it's just that simple. We're working way too damn hard to try to please and it's more a case that until everything is absolutely all up to par and our attention can fully be devoted to only the customer experience, you will not be satisfied. We're getting closer but we still have hurdles to cross. In my view its converging at a very fast pace and it's a matter of making things more simple for the staff to respond too. As it is now, it's still very difficult to remember everything that needs to happen.. you can see the picture with all the different manuals.. it's way too much. This is why these web forms are so important, they also automate a great number of things internally so that we don't have to hand hold everything. I believe that the old forms require 7 human touches for each order. The new forms only require one or two. These are things that really dial down the level of complexity of things, so we can focus on you guys and not on the difficult to manage system.

so those are my thoughts. I'm out in plain view, take it for what you will. Either way, things are improving, whether you see it or not, it will become more and more visible in the months ahead.

In the mean time if anybody has problems, please reach out to us if you cant get through to us via the normal methods. Try the normal methods but if not, reach out here on DSLr, reach out on twitter, or facebook.. or email. I've never refused help to anybody and don't be fooled into thinking that the actions of a few represent the core values of the company at large. Have a bit of faith if you don't care much for my words.

I'm going to call it quits on this thread, I'll keep reading but I put myself on the line and I've heard what you all have said. Some points taken and hopefully some given if you're open to it. For those affected by unfortunate events, I'm sorry and lets see what we can do to make it right.

cheers.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Thanks for taking the time to explain things, Marc.
daeron
join:2012-05-11
Ottawa

daeron to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
You gotta love that the CEO is willing it put it out on the line like this. I love seeing Marc post. Thanks for the insights.
Expand your moderator at work

Comment
@teksavvy.com

Comment to Comment

Anon

to Comment

Re: Terrible Terrible TekSavvy / Bell Story

"On the weekend I posted that a Teksavvy rep had not only stated a falsehood (in regard to the location of Bell's demarcation point in multi-unit building), but had maintained it in spite of being offered the correct answer.

I thought it best to allow a full working day for there to be a response.

The silence has been deafening. It is as though the problem simply doesn't exist. (Not just my problem, but the 'problem' that Teksavvy is spouting nonsense to avoid the responsibility to address my problem.)

So, what is my next step? It has been easy to get people to "talk the talk", but so far, it appears no one wants to "walk the walk"...."
And now it has been two full business days without any response....

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

Could you send me a PM or Post in the Direct forum & I'll see what I can do.

creed3020
Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

creed3020 to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
Thank You Marc for posting that. It gave a great pulse check on all things TSI and as always I'm looking forward to a bright future with you and the rest of the company. I continue to refer friends and family so keep up the hard work!

My take on recent interactions with TSI: Phone calls were handled professionally and in less than 10 minutes. On a side note the tech sounded really quiet, I had to juice my desk phone's volume. The only real complaint I have is from my most recent cable internet setup. The turnaround time from a failed install to another tech visit was 7 days which was annoying. I waited because I knew it would be worth it. I'd love to see a target of 2-4 business days.
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

All sounds Good But marc before you take AWAY all the most common issues that occur For example missed apointments, DMc charges, Firmware modem issues, You Should instead of Washing your hands of those problems Say How can we handle these issues better? because thats really Your time as a company to shine we The customer Are not idiots we KNOW your the middleman in this but if you give us the same BS run around answers that the Incumbent does how long before the customer says Fuck this i am cutting out the middle man..?

So my suggestion DO not ignore those issues or take them away, They are Your issues because regardless whether you like it or not, a customer who signed up for teksavvy does not Care if rogers or bell made a mistake, They pay YOU.

rodjames
Premium Member
join:2010-06-19

rodjames to nashutzu

Premium Member

to nashutzu
"BTW I am a Senior Systems Enginner with CCNP, MCITP-EA MCSE, VCP ETC ETC .."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I stopped reading after that.

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by rodjames:

Little late are we? Wasn't that funny

QuantumPimp
join:2012-02-19

1 edit

QuantumPimp to rodjames

to rodjames
said by rodjames:

Just showing that he has some training. It comes across as pretentious in this forum but no big deal. Don't hate or be rude. Not cool.

As for the issue : I appreciate the time TSI people have taken to respond to this thread. My personal experience with TSI has been very, very positive.

Marc has explained some of the problems and their resolution.

I am far more concerned with calous response, as reported by the OP, from TSI support agents. They come across as "no service for a month ... f*ck you". None of the main contributors in this thread have come back with happy stories. Why not?

novinha1
@dfait-maeci.gc.ca

novinha1

Anon

said by QuantumPimp:

I am far more concerned with calous response, as reported by the OP, from TSI support agents. They come across as "no service for a month ... f*ck you". None of the main contributors in this thread have come back with happy stories. Why not?

My issue is still on-going.
I've been informed that a Rogers tech will be showing up on Saturday (or Sunday - I've received conflicting info on this, waiting for clarification), which is 7 days after this specific ticket has been opened, and that we should have a dialogue regarding compensation for downtime when the issue is fixed. What happens if the issue is not fixed this weekend has not been addressed, but at this point, I'm truly hoping we won't have to worry about it.

I've also received a request from VP of operations to have a chat regarding the customer service that I've received and we're scheduling this conversation.

Overall, I feel that senior management is trying to rectify the issue, both by responding in this thread and off-line contact, and it's greatly appreciated, even if there has not been any tangible result thus far. It's the only reason why I'm still waiting it out.
Interactions with first-tier support continue to be fraught with lack of information, inattention to detail and confusion. For the time being I've stopped engaging them on addressing the overall experience, or anything beyond exchanging the requested tech info to continue troubleshooting, so at this point I can't comment any further on customer service side.

Comment
@teksavvy.com

Comment to JenSuisUn

Anon

to JenSuisUn
"Could you send me a PM or Post in the Direct forum & I'll see what I can do."

Eh? Were you not the one who called me last Saturday and had a Tech call me on Sunday who proceeded to BS that Bell's demarc was not the primary jack in my apartment? Think I've seen what you "can do"...

I'll send you a PM with my CID, but frankly, the Direct forum is a mechanism to prevent others from seeing the details of any problem, so I'll post them here for all to read.

I have recently moved to a different apartment building (there is a separate horror story of the transfer of my phone and internet, but that is for another day). Unlike my previous building, which had a "Call Forward" intercom system, this building has a "No Subscriber Line" intercom.

(Readers familiar with these types of intercoms and their impact can skip the following which is for those interested.)

A "Call Forward" intercom simply uses a translate table and dials your actual telephone number related to your "buzzer code". (It stays "on the line" to see if you dial the digit to signal the door to be unlocked.) If you want to know whether a call is from the intercom or if someone is buzzing while you are on the phone (or calling while you are on the intercom), YOU have to pay for "call waiting" and "caller ID" on your phone.

However, this system requires that the landlord pays for a telephone line from which the intercom can call you.

Landlords, being a rather greedy bunch, are unhappy with paying this trivial cost and many elect to install an intercom that does not require its own telephone line.

These "No Subscriber Line" intercoms are essentially a collection of switches, (one for each apartment) that are placed on the tenants' phone lines. When the buzzer code is entered, the tenant's phone is switched from the telco to the "phone" in the entryway. OK, it's a bit more complex as this type of intercom does continue to monitor the telco's line, but only for a ring signal. The main advantage of a NSL intercom is that it can provide the "call waiting" (a soft ring tone injected into the voice signal) or "caller ID" (a different ring from the standard) at no cost to the tenant, but if the tenant does not have a land line, s/he must provide a POTS handset to be connected to the intercom.

Because NSL intercoms "switch" the apartment's line from the telco, they break any DSL connection on that line. Often, this is not noticed as the subscriber is distracted by the call from the entryway. Worse, the intercom itself is a unfiltered "voice device" on a DSL line and can cause severe degradation of performance. And some NSL intercoms cannot handle high strength (your modem is not very far away) DSL signals, with the intercom itself malfunctioning.

In this situation, which occurs BEFORE THE DEMARCATION POINT, it is BELL'S RESPONSIBILITY to provide a 'DSL bypass' around the intercom, and if the line is provided through Teksavvy, it is TEKSAVVY'S RESPONSIBILITY to require that Bell provide the bypass.

And ensure that the bypass is complete without loss of tenant's wirepairs. (No loss of wirepairs means the DSL signal is returned to the same wirepair as the voice signal, and complete means both the input and output side of the intercom has DSL filters and the bypass line has a 'voice' filter. Bell may try to shortcut needing to filter the bypass line and intercom output by using up a separate wirepair for the modem when often there is only one spare.)

It's that simple. DSL resellers have Bell do this every day.

Except apparently, Teksavvy.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

Hi Comment,

I totally understand what you are saying. As a Bell wholesaler, there is nothing on our part that we need to request for intercoms when submitting an order to Bell. The installer is supposed to leave any existing arrangements/wiring the way they are.

We have hundreds of customers installed daily for DSL service with intercoms and this situation honestly happens in a blue moon. You are not the first case, and you won’t be the last. This is mostly a result of a Bell tech not doing something right; maybe he had a bad day, maybe he was new; maybe he made changes without realizing what he was affecting. The only thing we can do is work hard to get your issue fixed and provide them feedback for them to coach/train out their staff.

Do you have reason to be frustrated? ABSOLUTELY!
Are we trying to get this situation resolved for you WE'RE TRYING!

We've got one of our escalation experts on the phone with Bell Repair management to have a tech sent out to fix what he wasn't supposed to break.

Martin will be getting connecting with you via PM when we get an update from Bell.

Thanks,

Andre
Comment
join:2012-08-16
Mississauga, ON

Comment

said by TSI Andre:

We've got one of our escalation experts on the phone with Bell Repair management to have a tech sent out to fix what he wasn't supposed to break.

Could you please PM me with the circuit identifier.

(Yes, I plan to ask the Bell tech to show me the wire, show me the split in that wire, the DSL filter on the input side of the intercom, the DSL filter on the output side of the intercom, its connection to the split on the apartment line and the 'bypass' line between the two other halves of the splits with a 'voice' (Hi-pass/Lo&DC-Block) in the middle of it.)

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

Done!