k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:19
reply to TSI Martin

Re: Lite goes from 3mbit/s to 6mbit/s for Rogers customers

said by TSI Martin:

We will be offering 6Megs lite service as of Sept 21st. The 3Meg service will be removed as of Sept 21st.
There is no automatic upgrade from 3 to 6megs.
All existing 3 Mbps customers will be grandfathered at that speed, and price.

Looks like plans have changed:
»www.teksavvy.com/en/residential/···/cable-6

So, I assume that 3mbit/s customers will be automatically upgraded after all? Any official word on this would be appreciated.
--
electronicsguru.ca/for_sale/Cablemodems

Montreal DSL

join:2011-02-02
Montreal-DSL
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·voip.ms
·TekSavvy DSL

1 edit

Yes, it seems the 3M rcable is now 6M, with the same price...

Also, if I am not mistaken I see that the overs usage changed from:

"2 month rolling average for overage charges:

Rolling average is the total usage during a given period. Every month, we will average the usage for the two previous months. If the average exceeds the Customer’s cap, we will automatically roll them over to the unlimited plan. Our customers will be notified when this rollover happens."

to:

"Overage on all packages that are not unlimited will be charged at $0.50/GB to a maximum of $25/month."

Martin, can you confirm please?

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

said by Montreal DSL:

Yes, it seems the 3M rcable is now 6M, with the same price...

Also, if I am not mistaken I see that the overs usage changed from:

"2 month rolling average for overage charges:

Rolling average is the total usage during a given period. Every month, we will average the usage for the two previous months. If the average exceeds the Customer’s cap, we will automatically roll them over to the unlimited plan. Our customers will be notified when this rollover happens."

to:

"Overage on all packages that are not unlimited will be charged at $0.50/GB to a maximum of $25/month."

Wow!!!

That better an error on the new site otherwise that is a definite policy shift that takes away the safety net I'm accustomed to as a TSI client. I definitely want to hear from Marc or Martin on this.

bbiab

join:2004-05-26
reply to Teddy Boom

Rolling has been gone for so long now. But was it ever applicable or relevant to cable, given there is no meter.

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
reply to Montreal DSL

said by Montreal DSL:

Yes that's seems to be correct.

Still no meter yet though.
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / Social Media) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter : @TSIMartin

andyb
Premium
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario
kudos:1

Thats a 100% jump from the 25 cents it used to be for overages.Damn

Confused

@209.47.139.x
reply to TSI Martin

said by TSI Martin:

Hello,

We will be offering 6Megs lite service as of Sept 21st. The 3Meg service will be removed as of Sept 21st.
There is no automatic upgrade from 3 to 6megs.
All existing 3 Mbps customers will be grandfathered at that speed, and price.

We are not notifying our existing customer as their service is not changing.

Regards,
Martin

So can we call in to request the free upgrade from 3meg to 6meg

or at least change to the new 3meg unlimited and save some money

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
Toronto, ON

said by Confused :

So can we call in to request the free upgrade from 3meg to 6meg

or at least change to the new 3meg unlimited and save some money

The 3mbit/s unlimited you are looking at is for Cogeco areas (Chatham) only.
--

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to TSI Martin

We do still need official word from TSI about the switch from 3 mbit/s to 6 mbit/s in Rogers areas though. After all, it is the 21st today
--

TSI Martin
Premium
Chatham, ON

TSI Martin
Premium
Chatham, ON
reply to Teddy Boom

said by Teddy Boom:

We do still need official word from TSI about the switch from 3 mbit/s to 6 mbit/s in Rogers areas though. After all, it is the 21st today

»Re: Lite goes from 3mbit/s to 6mbit/s for Rogers customers

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
Toronto, ON

Martin, did something get munged in the above two comments?

I mean.. There was an implied price change that doesn't seem to be happening anymore. Assuming I'm reading those tea leaves properly, there is the question of automated upgrades for existing customers. So some clarification is needed.
--

TSI Martin
Premium
Chatham, ON

1 edit

Existing customer on 3megs will be grandfathered(no price change, no speed change)
New customers will get 6megs @ prices indicated.

I'm looking for a confirmation that it's 25GB or 75GB for 24.95.
Will update soon.

Update : the plans are 25GB, 300GB & unlimited.

grunze510

join:2009-02-14
Cote Saint-Luc, QC

said by TSI Martin:

Existing customer on 3megs will be grandfathered(no price change, no speed change)
New customers will get 6megs @ prices indicated.

I'm looking for a confirmation that it's 25GB or 75GB for 24.95.
Will update soon.

I think what he's confused about is that if the upgrade has no price change, then why not upgrade their speeds?

TSI Jon
Premium
join:2011-08-24
canada
kudos:10
reply to Teddy Boom

Hi Teddy Boom,

To answer your question, no, the 3mbps customers that signed up will not get bumped up to the 6mbps automatically. They are being grandfathered in at the same speed and same price (That applies for everyone who signed up prior to August 8th). After august 8th, our representatives were told to advise customers who signed up for the 3mbps that they were going to be put on a 6mbps profile since the 3mbps would be soon discontinued. They were also told to advise customers that the price would be subject to change as our vendor is filing a request for a price increase for the 6Mbps product, so a price adjustment will be made (if necessary) if/when that is approved. If a customer wants to change to from 3mbit/s to 6mbit/s they can but they are losing their grandfathered plan.

Cheers,
--
TSI Jonathan
Social Media Relations Team Leader
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

What was the price for 3meg/300GB previously? Is it significantly less than 6meg/300GB now?

TSI Martin
Premium
Chatham, ON

I believe the price is the same at this time. But it may change as per what Jonathan said

quote:
They were also told to advise customers that the price would be subject to change as our vendor is filing a request for a price increase for the 6Mbps product, so a price adjustment will be made (if necessary) if/when that is approved.

--

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

So if it doesn't change, existing customers will get upgraded?

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

What was the price for 3meg/300GB previously? Is it significantly less than 6meg/300GB now?

Prices are the same right now: $25 for 25GB, $31 for 300GB, and $41 for Unlimited.

Anybody have a link to the tarrifs for the various profiles? I really need to start bookmarking that stuff..
--

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to TSI Martin

said by TSI Martin:

quote:
They were also told to advise customers that the price would be subject to change as our vendor is filing a request for a price increase for the 6Mbps product, so a price adjustment will be made (if necessary) if/when that is approved.

Resellers should have been told about this too.
--

TSI Martin
Premium
Chatham, ON

And that's something I'll bring up to Biz as they take care of resellers.

TSI Martin
Premium
Chatham, ON
reply to HiVolt

We don't know the answer to that one.

Confused

@74.198.9.x
reply to TSI Jon

Still confused

Currenty the 3m grandfathered clients are paying for 3m/256k with 300gb for $30.95

On the TSI site now it shows
New 3m/800k with unlimited is $24.95 (and is this only for Chatham?)
New 6m/256k with 300gb is $30.95

What's the point of grandfathering the original 3m plan less unless u can gaurantee no price increase in the future...

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
Toronto, ON

said by Confused :

What's the point of grandfathering the original 3m plan less unless u can gaurantee no price increase in the future...

They can't guarantee pricing at any time. That's a blanket fact for all services.

What they are saying is that if you stick with the old speed you will not likely see a price increase until the next major regulatory change, and maybe not even then. If you get the speed change, there is a very real possibility that you will see a price increase when this minor regulatory thing Rogers has asked for is addressed, maybe before the new year.

Projecting here, but.. If you were a 3mbit customer before August 8th and you want to go to 6mbit, I think it is implied that they will ding you for a $5 change request. Probably because Rogers will ding them.
--

TSI Martin
Premium
Chatham, ON

said by Teddy Boom:

Projecting here, but.. If you were a 3mbit customer before August 8th and you want to go to 6mbit, I think it is implied that they will ding you for a $5 change request. Probably because Rogers will ding them.

Fist off, we aren't charging for the speed change... Now, if you are going to be changing to 6 Megs, & the price does increase, you will be affected.

The confusing part is that the old 3meg (Rogers) is no longer there, so people are looking at the current 3meg (Cogeco/Chatham) plan.

said by confused :

The whole point of a grandfathered account is to not change the original price. So even if it does change, as long as you are grandfathered, you'll keep the same price.
--

andyb
Premium
SW Ontario
reply to Confused

6mb with only 256 kb upload?3mb had 800 up.Something fishy with this

grunze510

Cote Saint-Luc, QC

said by andyb:

6mb with only 256 kb upload?3mb had 800 up.Something fishy with this

No it didn't, it was 3/0.256 Mbit/s . I know, it's stupidly low.

andyb
Premium
SW Ontario

teksavvy has 3mb with 800 on the website.Maybe its cogeco or something I dunno as I cant check.Brantford is on the 3 year old coming soon list so nothing shows up when info put in

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

That ontario cable page is still way confusing... Need to sort that out faster guys...

grunze510

Cote Saint-Luc, QC

said by HiVolt:

That ontario cable page is still way confusing... Need to sort that out faster guys...

I agree.

Here's an idea.

When you click on Ontario in the province chooser, it'll pop up a window asking you to select one of the following:
- Click here if you live in the Greater Toronto Area, Ottawa Area, Kitchener/Waterloo, London, or Barrie. (and whatever other Rogers areas I'm missing)
- Click here if you live in Chatham (Kingston, or other. I think TekSavvy only serves Cogeco-based cable in Chatham right now)

It's sloppy, but it makes more sense than what they're doing right now.

EDIT: I'm also posting this in the New Website thread, since I think it's more appropriate there.