JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn to Teddy Boom

Premium Member

to Teddy Boom

Re: Lite goes from 3mbit/s to 6mbit/s for Rogers customers

And that's something I'll bring up to Biz as they take care of resellers.
JenSuisUn

JenSuisUn to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
We don't know the answer to that one.

Confused
@74.198.9.x

Confused to TSI Jonathan

Anon

to TSI Jonathan
Still confused

Currenty the 3m grandfathered clients are paying for 3m/256k with 300gb for $30.95

On the TSI site now it shows
New 3m/800k with unlimited is $24.95 (and is this only for Chatham?)
New 6m/256k with 300gb is $30.95

What's the point of grandfathering the original 3m plan less unless u can gaurantee no price increase in the future...

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium Member
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom

Premium Member

said by Confused :

What's the point of grandfathering the original 3m plan less unless u can gaurantee no price increase in the future...

They can't guarantee pricing at any time. That's a blanket fact for all services.

What they are saying is that if you stick with the old speed you will not likely see a price increase until the next major regulatory change, and maybe not even then. If you get the speed change, there is a very real possibility that you will see a price increase when this minor regulatory thing Rogers has asked for is addressed, maybe before the new year.

Projecting here, but.. If you were a 3mbit customer before August 8th and you want to go to 6mbit, I think it is implied that they will ding you for a $5 change request. Probably because Rogers will ding them.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

said by Teddy Boom:

Projecting here, but.. If you were a 3mbit customer before August 8th and you want to go to 6mbit, I think it is implied that they will ding you for a $5 change request. Probably because Rogers will ding them.

Fist off, we aren't charging for the speed change... Now, if you are going to be changing to 6 Megs, & the price does increase, you will be affected.

The confusing part is that the old 3meg (Rogers) is no longer there, so people are looking at the current 3meg (Cogeco/Chatham) plan.
said by confused :

The whole point of a grandfathered account is to not change the original price. So even if it does change, as long as you are grandfathered, you'll keep the same price.

andyb
Premium Member
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario

andyb to Confused

Premium Member

to Confused
6mb with only 256 kb upload?3mb had 800 up.Something fishy with this
grunze510
join:2009-02-14
Cote Saint-Luc, QC

grunze510

said by andyb:

6mb with only 256 kb upload?3mb had 800 up.Something fishy with this

No it didn't, it was 3/0.256 Mbit/s . I know, it's stupidly low.

andyb
Premium Member
SW Ontario

andyb

Premium Member

teksavvy has 3mb with 800 on the website.Maybe its cogeco or something I dunno as I cant check.Brantford is on the 3 year old coming soon list so nothing shows up when info put in

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

That ontario cable page is still way confusing... Need to sort that out faster guys...
grunze510
Cote Saint-Luc, QC

grunze510

said by HiVolt:

That ontario cable page is still way confusing... Need to sort that out faster guys...

I agree.

Here's an idea.

When you click on Ontario in the province chooser, it'll pop up a window asking you to select one of the following:
- Click here if you live in the Greater Toronto Area, Ottawa Area, Kitchener/Waterloo, London, or Barrie. (and whatever other Rogers areas I'm missing)
- Click here if you live in Chatham (Kingston, or other. I think TekSavvy only serves Cogeco-based cable in Chatham right now)

It's sloppy, but it makes more sense than what they're doing right now.

EDIT: I'm also posting this in the New Website thread, since I think it's more appropriate there.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

That has been suggested when the new website first came online...

Seems they are really slow with any changes to that site...

andyb
Premium Member
SW Ontario

andyb

Premium Member

said by HiVolt:

To busy raising overage fee's
grunze510
Cote Saint-Luc, QC

2 edits

grunze510

said by andyb:

said by HiVolt:

To busy raising overage fee's

Are you complaining about TekSavvy raising overage fees from $0.50/GB to $0.50/GB.

EDIT: I took another look at their website. I was talking about Ontario cable pricing, where they always "charged" $0.50/GB. They did bump the price for DSL though, as that used to be $0.25/GB without a limit, and now it's $0.50/GB up to $25. But since Bell charges them $22000/Gbit/s, I don't blame 'em. They also could have gone the Videotron route and charged $4.50/GB with a $50 overage limit or $1.50/GB with no overage limit.

andyb
Premium Member
SW Ontario

andyb

Premium Member

Yes it was 25 cents,also used to be 100GB for $10.I'm thinkin its time to move on.No reason to hang with TSI since cable dont seem to be coming anytime soon.I want to dump the phone but without cable I get stuck with a fuckin dryloop fee.Time to do somethin anyway

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to grunze510

Premium Member

to grunze510
said by grunze510:

said by HiVolt:

That ontario cable page is still way confusing... Need to sort that out faster guys....

I agree. - Here's an idea....

This would be even easier as a temp solution :

Until TSI serves more than Chatham thru Cogeco, REMOVE Cogeco (Chatham) from the results.

Then add a wee subscripted line to all results screens : "If you live in Chatham, click HERE".

Quick and dirty.

Git-er-DUN !
Kokuei
join:2010-03-23

Kokuei

What if there isn't a price increase? Will us grandfathered accounts get a speed bump?

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan

Premium Member

For now, we have not heard any discussions as to what would happen if they didn't approve the request our vendor sent to the CRTC. It will be something that will most likely be discussed by our senior management team at that point in time. We still haven't received any official word on the request.

Jonathan

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

3 edits

Teddy Boom

Premium Member

Can you post a link to the CRTC request for us?

EDIT: answered some of my own questions..
»[Cable] Rogers New TPIA Service Agreement
That doesn't cover the requested change though.

EDIT AGAIN: And here is the rest of the beginning of the answer..
»www.crtc.gc.ca/8740/eng/ ··· 8_25.htm

However.... Looks like there is a big new ruling due this fall. It will affect (and effect) everyone in a big way! I guess I already knew that, but I was distracted by all this little stuff. Even with the big ruling, there is still a chance that customers on the 3mbit/s tier could escape price changes, but it does kind of moot this whole discussion a little bit.

EDIT FINAL: Those documents make mention of a filing from September 15th 2012, but I can't find that one...

andyb
Premium Member
SW Ontario

andyb

Premium Member

Removal of 3mb
1740132.zip
163548 bytes
3mb Remove

Introduce 6mb (On hold till after 2011-703 R&V is done)
1740185.zip
156548 bytes
6mb add

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan

Premium Member

I was going to look for that info since I wasn't to sure where to locate it but looks like you guys are already on it.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom

Premium Member

said by TSI Jonathan:

I was going to look for that info since I wasn't to sure where to locate it but looks like you guys are already on it.

Yes, thanks andyb for the links!

However, seems we are still missing whatever it is Rogers filed September 15th (assuming it really did happen)..

I'm surprised so little is being said in Canadian Broadband about the 2011-703 Review and Vary. It is going to be pretty huge for all of us! Do we know any critical dates for it yet?

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by Teddy Boom:

....I'm surprised so little is being said in Canadian Broadband about the 2011-703 Review and Vary.

It is going to be pretty huge for all of us!

Do we know any critical dates for it yet?

Someone needs to offer JF a bunch of breakfasts or RedBulls or something.

He always seemed to find this stuff.

I hear that he tweets a lot these days.

Hopefully he has not contracted Chirpies.

Apparently there is no TWEETment for it.

andyb
Premium Member
SW Ontario

andyb to Teddy Boom

Premium Member

to Teddy Boom
said by Teddy Boom:

said by TSI Jonathan:

However, seems we are still missing whatever it is Rogers filed September 15th (assuming it really did happen)..

Who where what said anything was filed on the 15th? Nothing was filed on the tariff notices and I recieved zippo from any company about 2011-703/4 on the 15th or 16th

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom

Premium Member

said by andyb:

Who where what said anything was filed on the 15th? Nothing was filed on the tariff notices and I recieved zippo from any company about 2011-703/4 on the 15th or 16th

An August 27th letter from Rogers:
1. Rogers Communications Partnership (“Rogers”) herein files its reply comments associated with Rogers’ Tariff Notice 25 (“TN 25”) responding to comments received on August 9, 2012 from CNOC Inc.

2. CNOC proposes that the Commission not process Rogers TN 25 further until the Commission has rendered its determinations in the various Part I Applications to review and vary TRP 2011-703 (“Part I Applications”). CNOC submits that it would make sense for Rogers to file a cost study for 6 Mbps aggregated POI TPIA service only after the Commission has ruled on the various Part I Applications in order to eliminate the prospect of wasteful multiple cost studies.

3. Rogers agrees with CNOC that multiple cost studies would indeed be wasteful. Therefore, Rogers is amenable to maintaining the 6 Mbps rate filed in TN 25 on July 18th and approved on an interim basis in Telecom Order CRTC 2012-435 on an ongoing interim basis. After the final disposition of the Part I Applications, Rogers will file a revised tariff rate with supporting cost study. The rate that is ultimately approved by the Commission based on the cost study would then be made retro-active to October 1, 2012. October 1, 2012 is approximately the date at which a 6 Mbps tariff based on a revised cost study filed on September 15, 2012 would typically have been approved on an interim basis.

4. This approach will avoid parties incurring the cost of multiple cost studies while according Rogers the same ability to recover its costs as if it had filed a revised tariff and supporting cost study on September 15, 2012 as originally proposed in TN 25.

Yours very truly,
David Watt
Vice President
Regulatory Telecommunications
Copy: Interested
Not sure I'm reading it right, I'm not normally the first one to interpret this stuff
(jfmezei, we need your crazy ass back here please!!!)

andyb
Premium Member
SW Ontario

andyb

Premium Member

Thats correct,there is nothing to file as its on hold till 703 is done.When that is done who knows.Probably some time in the next 60 to 90 days is my guess

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

Davesnothere to Teddy Boom

Premium Member

to Teddy Boom
said by Teddy Boom:

(jfmezei, we need your crazy ass back here please!!!)

MUST.... INCREASE.... BRIBE !!!!

Bike maintenance ? - Hmmmm....

BTW, I remember that AndyB has always been another major contributor of links etc too.
Davesnothere

Davesnothere to Teddy Boom

Premium Member

to Teddy Boom

BTW, even when JF did participate on DSLR, it was generally in the Canadian BroadBand forum in more recent times, not here.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer to Teddy Boom

Premium Member

to Teddy Boom
said by Teddy Boom:

jfmezei, we need your crazy ass back here please!!!

Agreed.

I'll up the ante. Big box of timbits.
JF?

Mike
InvalidError
join:2008-02-03

InvalidError to Davesnothere

to Davesnothere
said by Davesnothere:

BTW, even when JF did participate on DSLR, it was generally in the Canadian BroadBand forum in more recent times, not here.

Ever since the "ISP whose name I cannot say" gimmick started, which is quite a while ago.

creed3020
Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

creed3020 to andyb

Premium Member

to andyb
Thanks for posting those. Always informative to read what the source has to say.

I'm floored at the price difference between dis-aggregated POI and aggregated POI for per end-user charge.