k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:20
reply to TSI Jon

Re: Lite goes from 3mbit/s to 6mbit/s for Rogers customers

said by TSI Jon:

I was going to look for that info since I wasn't to sure where to locate it but looks like you guys are already on it.

Yes, thanks andyb for the links!

However, seems we are still missing whatever it is Rogers filed September 15th (assuming it really did happen)..

I'm surprised so little is being said in Canadian Broadband about the 2011-703 Review and Vary. It is going to be pretty huge for all of us! Do we know any critical dates for it yet?
--
electronicsguru.ca/for_sale/Cablemodems

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

said by Teddy Boom:

....I'm surprised so little is being said in Canadian Broadband about the 2011-703 Review and Vary.

It is going to be pretty huge for all of us!

Do we know any critical dates for it yet?

Someone needs to offer JF a bunch of breakfasts or RedBulls or something.

He always seemed to find this stuff.

I hear that he tweets a lot these days.

Hopefully he has not contracted Chirpies.

Apparently there is no TWEETment for it.

--

We have only 2 things about which to worry :
(1) That things may never get back to normal
(2) That they already HAVE !

andyb
Premium
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario
kudos:1
reply to Teddy Boom

said by Teddy Boom:

said by TSI Jon:

I was going to look for that info since I wasn't to sure where to locate it but looks like you guys are already on it.

However, seems we are still missing whatever it is Rogers filed September 15th (assuming it really did happen)..

Who where what said anything was filed on the 15th? Nothing was filed on the tariff notices and I recieved zippo from any company about 2011-703/4 on the 15th or 16th

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:20

said by andyb:

Who where what said anything was filed on the 15th? Nothing was filed on the tariff notices and I recieved zippo from any company about 2011-703/4 on the 15th or 16th

An August 27th letter from Rogers:
1. Rogers Communications Partnership (“Rogers”) herein files its reply comments associated with Rogers’ Tariff Notice 25 (“TN 25”) responding to comments received on August 9, 2012 from CNOC Inc.

2. CNOC proposes that the Commission not process Rogers TN 25 further until the Commission has rendered its determinations in the various Part I Applications to review and vary TRP 2011-703 (“Part I Applications”). CNOC submits that it would make sense for Rogers to file a cost study for 6 Mbps aggregated POI TPIA service only after the Commission has ruled on the various Part I Applications in order to eliminate the prospect of wasteful multiple cost studies.

3. Rogers agrees with CNOC that multiple cost studies would indeed be wasteful. Therefore, Rogers is amenable to maintaining the 6 Mbps rate filed in TN 25 on July 18th and approved on an interim basis in Telecom Order CRTC 2012-435 on an ongoing interim basis. After the final disposition of the Part I Applications, Rogers will file a revised tariff rate with supporting cost study. The rate that is ultimately approved by the Commission based on the cost study would then be made retro-active to October 1, 2012. October 1, 2012 is approximately the date at which a 6 Mbps tariff based on a revised cost study filed on September 15, 2012 would typically have been approved on an interim basis.

4. This approach will avoid parties incurring the cost of multiple cost studies while according Rogers the same ability to recover its costs as if it had filed a revised tariff and supporting cost study on September 15, 2012 as originally proposed in TN 25.

Yours very truly,
David Watt
Vice President
Regulatory Telecommunications
Copy: Interested
Not sure I'm reading it right, I'm not normally the first one to interpret this stuff
(jfmezei, we need your crazy ass back here please!!!)
--
electronicsguru.ca/for_sale/Cablemodems

EDIT: Ya, I don't think I'm reading that right.. I think September 15th was going to be the date they'd file the revised 6mbit tariff, and they are agreeing not to bother. So when does the 2011-703 R&V stuff really get rolling? Sometime this fall isn't it?

andyb
Premium
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario
kudos:1

Thats correct,there is nothing to file as its on hold till 703 is done.When that is done who knows.Probably some time in the next 60 to 90 days is my guess

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
reply to Teddy Boom

said by Teddy Boom:

(jfmezei, we need your crazy ass back here please!!!)

MUST.... INCREASE.... BRIBE !!!!

Bike maintenance ? - Hmmmm....

BTW, I remember that AndyB has always been another major contributor of links etc too.

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
reply to Teddy Boom

BTW, even when JF did participate on DSLR, it was generally in the Canadian BroadBand forum in more recent times, not here.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
reply to Teddy Boom

said by Teddy Boom:

jfmezei, we need your crazy ass back here please!!!

Agreed.

I'll up the ante. Big box of timbits.
JF?

Mike

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5
reply to Davesnothere

said by Davesnothere:

BTW, even when JF did participate on DSLR, it was generally in the Canadian BroadBand forum in more recent times, not here.

Ever since the "ISP whose name I cannot say" gimmick started, which is quite a while ago.

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
reply to andyb

Thanks for posting those. Always informative to read what the source has to say.

I'm floored at the price difference between dis-aggregated POI and aggregated POI for per end-user charge.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to dillyhammer

I'll wager that once something significant starts brewing at the CRTC, JF will resurface...

He likes the spotlight.

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
reply to dillyhammer

said by dillyhammer:

....I'll up the ante. Big box of timbits. - JF?

Nahhhh, JF only eats healthy food.

(And that's why I suggested RedBull ? )

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
reply to InvalidError

said by InvalidError:

said by Davesnothere:

Ever since the "ISP whose name I cannot say" gimmick started, which is quite a while ago.

Yeah, and look - now Rogers is telling Indie ISPs not to mention THEIR name. - START instead calls them 'Red'.

Some copycatting goin' on, I'd say....

--

We have only 2 things about which to worry :
(1) That things may never get back to normal
(2) That they already HAVE !

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

I'll wager that once something significant starts brewing at the CRTC, JF will resurface...

He likes the spotlight.

JF is drawn to controversy like moth to flame.

Besides, if we all keep talking about him, he may have to post in order to DEFEND himself.