Premium Member
join:2002-08-15
Boulder City, NV

dogma

Premium Member

[NCAA-F] Tyrann Mathieu -- 'Honey Badger' DROPPED from LSU Footb

Louisiana State’s Bold Cornerback Is Off the Team
»www.nytimes.com/2012/08/ ··· eam.html

Mathieu, a junior, was poised to be one of the major stars in college football. L.S.U. is ranked No. 1 in the preseason coaches’ poll and Mathieu, who finished fifth in the Heisman Trophy balloting last year (as a sophomore), is considered one of the most explosive players in the country. His penchant for causing turnovers and his ability to turn punt returns into scoring opportunities made him the unquestioned star of L.S.U.’s run to the national title game last season.

• Suspended for violating team rules. No official detail were given, however LSU/SEC rules suggest any player with 3 positive drug test must be suspended for one year.

• Would be a Junior, so no NFL options

• Could wait out the year and apply to return to LSU or another D1 School.

• Most likely will transfer, but can not play in NCAA D1/D2/D3. Only options (if Mathieu did fail a third drug test) are a Football Championship Subdivision university (formerly Division I-AA) or for one in the N.A.I.A., or a Junior College.

Previous players with this level of talent, but with this level of problems went from NFL first round, to NFL 4th or 5th rounds.

Wonder if Honey Badger cares now?

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

Re: [NCAA-F] Tyrann Mathieu -- 'Honey Badger' DROPPED from LSU F

I thought players could go to the NFL after their sophmore season?

dogma
XYZ
Premium Member
Boulder City, NV

dogma

Premium Member

Good question

Eligibility

College players are eligible for the NFL draft after they have completed their eligibility (in most cases that means four years of roster time, plus an optional fifth redshirt year). Players can choose to leave college early provided that they have been out of high school for at least three years. In most cases, that means that the draft is full of seniors and extraordinary juniors, but in some cases redshirt sophomores or players who played in a pro league like the Arena Football League will be eligible. Players have to apply for the draft by Jan. 15, and once they are officially part of the draft they are no longer eligible for college.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

So I would just go play in the Arena League or even Canada for a year?

dogma
XYZ
Premium Member
Boulder City, NV

dogma

Premium Member

The only downside I see there is if he signs, he can never return to college football.

But Honey Badger probably don't care about that.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

Why would he return? Can't he just go to the NFL after three years of being out of High School? He will have a red flag and than my Cowboys will draft him! WHOOT!

dogma
XYZ
Premium Member
Boulder City, NV

dogma

Premium Member

Looks like Honey badger is in drug rehab:

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Former LSU star Tyrann Mathieu has entered a drug rehabilitation program in Houston since being dismissed from the Tigers, according to a television report.
Fox 8 reports that Mathieu's adoptive father, Tryone Mathieu, says that the 20-year-old star cornerback and punt returner known as the "Honey Badger" has been at the Right Step recovery center and is being counseled by former NBA player John Lucas.

»news.yahoo.com/report-fo ··· spt.html

Perhaps Honey Badger does give a shit?