Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88 to tsduke

Premium Member

to tsduke

Re: Outage in Waterloo

You should all get a message

"There is an outage and we are working on it." That way you know something is going on in the area and it's not just you.

This is what sometimes happens to me

I'm running late (like 2-3 jobs behind) and I have NO IDEA when I might show up at your place. A job takes 20 min to 2 hours. I get a call from dispatch, Customer X wants ETA. If I knew I would have called you myself. I have no idea. Also calling someone and telling them I have 2 jobs to do before I can get to their place doesn't work. People want ETA.

My point is maybe they did not know right away what was causing the outage and you guys know that most people will call in the moment their service goes down. Sometimes a job does not go as planned and it ends up taking a lot of time so that ETR you were given over the phone may not be correct. Guess what people do? They call in again. BTW most people posting here have above average understanding about tech stuff. 'Fiber cut' probably means nothing to a lot of people.

tsduke
Premium Member
join:2006-03-04
Waterloo, IA

tsduke

Premium Member

You comments only feed the fire to show why people HATE Mediacom.
GLIMMER
join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER to Anonymous88

to Anonymous88
you know what the power company can give a ETR then so can mediacom. if mediacom would just care about the customer.

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88 to tsduke

Premium Member

to tsduke
said by tsduke:

You comments only feed the fire to show why people HATE Mediacom.

Can you be more specific and explain what is it about my comments that make people hate Mediacom?
twhiting9275
join:2002-08-30
Waterloo, IA

twhiting9275 to Anonymous88

to Anonymous88
said by Anonymous88:

You should all get a message

We did... For 6 hours... At some point, you have to change that message. As well, the message was, well, a lie.

According to the message, the issue was "intermittent". There was no "intermittent" about it, there was nothing. Intermittent means it works, it doesn't work, rinse, wash, repeat.
said by GLIMMER:

you know what the power company can give a ETR then so can mediacom. if mediacom would just care about the customer.

I don't even care about an ETA/ETR. I work in the internet industry, dealing with DC's all the time, and believe me, I KNOW these things happen, and when they do, there are times that it's just not possible to give an ETA.

What's beyond annoying though is the horrific customer service from Mediacom, as a whole, and the blatant disregard they show for their customers. This is just ONE in dozens of examples of that. Even the DC's I work with closely have updated messages. Not every 5 minutes, but every hour or so, on the rare occasions that things actually go that long.

It's all about respecting the customer. Mediacom has shown absolutely none, in any capacity.

tsduke
Premium Member
join:2006-03-04
Waterloo, IA

tsduke to Anonymous88

Premium Member

to Anonymous88
I'm referring to the Mediacom attitude of the way we do things is fine and there is no need to improve. You seem to share it.