uniqs
share rss forum feed

ikyuaoki

join:2011-04-12
Wichita, KS
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to BonezX

Re: game server and clients -- about TCP nagle algorithm.

Yes I have done increased the server's rates but that comes to my mind on the TCP issues, nagle should be disabled for good on the fast WAN link networks rather than "slow link" topology.

especially i'm a gamer in matters. after the disabled nagle, the file transfer over the internet is not much a issues.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to ikyuaoki

BTW its worth noting that small packets eat a disproportionate amount of router CPU time.

Basically you can clog a router with small packets but large packets are more likely to reach the interface speed limit.

So if you plan to do this be sure your router has plenty of CPU power.

ikyuaoki

Wichita, KS
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

said by DarkLogix:

BTW its worth noting that small packets eat a disproportionate amount of router CPU time.

Basically you can clog a router with small packets but large packets are more likely to reach the interface speed limit.

So if you plan to do this be sure your router has plenty of CPU power.

I don't need the router device, my single computer are connected to the two cable modems that is all. that will work with a small tiny TCP packet streams.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

Well then start worrying about security.

ikyuaoki

Wichita, KS
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

said by DarkLogix:

worry about security? obviously I have said that previous post this I stated that, I disabled the ICMP echo request on IPv4 and IPv6 already. an ICMP can be customized via the windows 7 advanced firewall security there. there is no worried about security issues right now.

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
kudos:1
reply to ikyuaoki

do a lot of computer science techies and coders speak in broken english like this?

do you lose the ability for basic sentence structure from typing in HTML5 and ANSCI all day?
--
Good evening!

Pyrion
Liquid Metal Nanomorph

join:2001-12-01
Poway, CA
kudos:1
reply to ikyuaoki

said by ikyuaoki:

I disabled the ICMP echo request on IPv4 and IPv6 already.

Might be worth it to connect another machine to yours via a crossover cable and check your machine with nmap. "Disabling ping" to satisfy security concerns is like hammering a sign on your front door saying "there is no potentially unlocked door here."
--
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." - Bertrand Russell

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to ikyuaoki

said by ikyuaoki:

said by DarkLogix:

worry about security? obviously I have said that previous post this I stated that, I disabled the ICMP echo request on IPv4 and IPv6 already. an ICMP can be customized via the windows 7 advanced firewall security there. there is no worried about security issues right now.

LOL

Security by obscurity is total crap.

So just LOL