how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Muncher

join:2008-04-15
reply to lunarchild

Re: Telus Fee Increase out of nowhere!

Get ready more is coming late September/October I had to call mytv and was told that my bestofHD pack is going to increase 5 bucks (currently paying 20 bucks for it). It looks like I'm cutting back to just the basic tv. That is the only thing that is price guaranteed for the remainder of the contract. Yes, I wanted the xbox. I will not pay more for the service, I will pay less, I will cut back.

JammerMan79
Premium,VIP
join:2004-05-13
Prince George, BC
kudos:10
fyi
the basic is not rate protected either

businessman

@telus.net
reply to zod5000
said by zod5000:

I left telus about a year ago because I moved into a place that couldn't get turbo 25 anymore. Its a shame that telus doesn't have their top tier rolled out to more of Victoria.

To make everyone else feel better, Shaw keeps raising their rates too.

At least we some competition between shaw/telus. It would really suck be stuck in the Rogers/Bell service areas..!

No, that is not competition. It is called collusion. Check your facts before you post.

Toodee2
Premium
join:2009-04-06
Canada
reply to lunarchild
And I also notice some new fees on my current telephone bill (landline) have magically appeared...

- E9-1-1 Municipal Call Answer Fee
- E9-1-1 Municipal Call Answer Fee (from Jul 21 to Aug19)
- E9-1-1 Provincial Network Fee

Now they're not large amounts (all under $1) but what's that all about?

nss_tech

join:2007-07-29
Edmonton AB
The E911 fees are NOT new in any way. They have been present for quite some time. Those charges are provincial / municipal and are not from Telus.

Toodee2
Premium
Canada
reply to lunarchild
Thanks for the info nss_tech.....

Its just that this is the 1st time they've been presented that way on our monthly telephone bill.....

Up until now there's been charges for:
- local line
- long distance admin fee
- our long distance plan

Then those 3 E-9-1-1 charges showed up on this bill for the 1st time....I've checked our previous bills & not found them listed....

nss_tech

Edmonton AB
I've had them listed on my bills since I got my current line a year ago.

JammerMan79
Premium,VIP
join:2004-05-13
Prince George, BC
kudos:10
reply to Toodee2
Where do you live ?
Did you just get 911?
For most people they've been around for years

Toodee2
Premium
Canada
reply to lunarchild
I live to the west of you JammerMan79.....we've had 911 for about 6 mo. now.....

I guess that's why it appeared.....& of course the way its printed on the bill, E9-1-1 Municipal Call Answer Fee, I didn't even twig to being for 911..... .....

nss_tech

Edmonton AB
said by Toodee2:

... I didn't even twig to being for 911..... .....

twig?

Toodee2
Premium
Canada
reply to lunarchild
twig? = figure out, understand.....I'm from the old school...... ..... .....

DSA

@telus.net
reply to businessman
No, collusion is where several parties talk and agree and control prices and limit choice.

Believe me, Shaw and Telus DO NOT AGREE on anything together, in fact the fighting is non stop on a daily basis.

The Telus service is in high demand (over 600,000 customers gained in the last 4 years). Raising the rates hasn't diminished that base, and Shaw is still losing customers with their inferior product.

zod----The Telus network was built for POTS over 50 years ago. TV is a recent idea, and, the network was vastly upgraded 4 years ago for TV purposes. Unfortunately, there are many pockets of the network that are not optimized yet. These are being attacked, one by one. Sometimes, they cannot be addressed at all (if you live in East Sooke, for example, you are SOL). Sometimes, you are too far from the Dslam. If you live 100m from the Dslam, you've hit the jackpot.

SlowDSL

@shawcable.net
reply to lunarchild
Medicine Hat (60,000+ population) must be a "small pocket" as my business in downtown can only get 15mbps from Telus... It seems like network upgrades always lag behind here no matter what, yet Shaw was rolling out 250/15 business last October. (Price not being an issue for my business for the upstream)

Symtex

join:2005-04-06
Burnaby, BC
kudos:21
if you are limited at 15mps it means you are probably on an 7302 which we are slowly trying to replace for ERA. ALU doesn't have an K-card for 7302 CO based dslam.
--
I may work for, but do not necessarily represent the views and beliefs of TELUS Communications.

zod5000

join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to businessman
said by businessman :

said by zod5000:

I left telus about a year ago because I moved into a place that couldn't get turbo 25 anymore. Its a shame that telus doesn't have their top tier rolled out to more of Victoria.

To make everyone else feel better, Shaw keeps raising their rates too.

At least we some competition between shaw/telus. It would really suck be stuck in the Rogers/Bell service areas..!

No, that is not competition. It is called collusion. Check your facts before you post.

I said "SOME" competition. If there was no competition it would be much worse. Look at Ontario. Read before you type.