uniqs
share rss forum feed

Semaphore
Premium
join:2003-11-18
kudos:1
reply to OHSrob

Re: [Equipment] Yet another T200 bites the dust

Same here - omni on a short stick or panels near the top and any Parabolic's are lower down.... back to back solid parabolic's at the top of a tower = bad idea. T200 in general = bad idea...

On the topic - I have yet to see it for myself, but there's another ISP near Kemptville who has apparently taken a Goldenugget top section, flipped it upside down and used the top collar to mount it on top of a pipe in the top of a DMX68 :-0 The reason : he needed more height and wanted to have more mounting space than a pipe would provide.... I really need to get down there and take a picture of it if it's still standing

LLigetfa

join:2006-05-15
Fort Frances, ON
kudos:1
LOL

I have inlaws that live down your way and frequently go there. The wife does all the driving so I get to rubberneck at all the wonky tower and mast installs. What I see never ceases to amaze me and I often wonder if the cowboy that did it is someone on this forum.

I mean, the stuff defies all common sense and the laws of physics! I guess for only so long, eh.
--
Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and formal education positively fortifies it. -- Stephen Vizinczey