BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to AMejia1976

Premium Member

to AMejia1976

Re: If you could add a product, feature or make a change...

said by AMejia1976:

"AMC adheres to standards that will be acceptable to the majority of our viewers, our sponsors and our cable and satellite affiliates"

This does not mean that the cable or satellite affiliates tell AMC or any other network how to cut/edit/limit the programing they provide. It simply means they do follow the rules of the land; AKA FCC/MPAA/ETC in order to keep uncle sam from punishing them should they show content that is generally distateful.

Exactly....
compn
join:2001-03-05
Livonia, MI

2 edits

compn

BHNtechXpert, i thought you said you were a 'friend'. you wont do me one little favor? even if the logo does not bother you, you wont mind it missing then?

this is the reason i think the 'hello friend' thing is phony. calling someone a friend, when they wont even help out with a simple favor? feels phony to me.

the fcc doesnt rule movie content over cable. there appears to be laws against obscene material. but i havent seen hbo get in trouble , so i dont see how it applies.

the mpaa doesnt tell people how to edit content either. they only give it a rating based on the content. unless you have proof otherwise?

@AMejia1976: do you agree with my assessment?

i know brighthouse doesnt tell the content providers how to edit their films either. whats with all these strawman arguments you keep bringing up? its hard to have a serious discussion when you keep strawmanning.

my argument is that there are cable affiliates that DO tell content providers they want edited films. my question is, is bright house one of those affiliates? and if its not, can they actively try to out-vote the cable affiliates that do choose censored material?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

BHNtechXpert, i thought you said you were a 'friend'. you wont do me one little favor? even if the logo does not bother you, you wont mind it missing then?

this is the reason i think the 'hello friend' thing is phony. calling someone a friend, when they wont even help out with a simple favor? feels phony to me.

This is troubling Compn... no friend would ask another friend to lie for them. Sending such a letter would be a lie from the standpoint of me sending it because the logos don't bother me. I will do this much and send a note to programming on your behalf that you don't like them. Mind you thats our programming and they don't control station logos or graphics but I will nonetheless communicate your feelings.

the fcc doesnt rule movie content over cable. there appears to be laws against obscene material. but i havent seen hbo get in trouble , so i dont see how it applies.

Nor does Cinemax so that should tell you something...it is clearly in the control of the content holder not your provider because we have both HBO and Cinemax and they run quite the show latenight. (not that I would know personally ...but you guys tell me )

the mpaa doesnt tell people how to edit content either. they only give it a rating based on the content. unless you have proof otherwise?

What does the MPAA have to do with this?

@AMejia1976: do you agree with my assessment?

i know brighthouse doesnt tell the content providers how to edit their films either. whats with all these strawman arguments you keep bringing up? its hard to have a serious discussion when you keep strawmanning.

my argument is that there are cable affiliates that DO tell content providers they want edited films. my question is, is bright house one of those affiliates? and if its not, can they actively try to out-vote the cable affiliates that do choose censored material?
compn
join:2001-03-05
Livonia, MI

compn

i never asked you to lie. thanks for your responses.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by compn:

i never asked you to lie. thanks for your responses.

Compn what would you call that request above? You asked me to write a letter to a content provider complaining about the logos and to remove them when you know they don't personally bother me (remember you asked me personally not professionally). Such a letter would be nothing less than deceptive because in reality they don't bother me and yet you want me to write to a content provider and say they do. How else can that be interpreted?

I am doing what you asked though as your BHN friend and passing your request on to our folks internally. It's difficult for me to do much with it as I don't have your account data but nonetheless it wil be done. What I have stressed this entire time however is that this concen really needs to be leveled at the content provider not your cable provider.

I want you happy...we want you happy but there are some things we can't fix as your provider and this is one of them.