So that others may surf.
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:14
reply to Borad

Re: How do you crimp?

said by Borad:

...It seems to have worked and I'm on the internet at home for the first time in months, but I have no confidence that the connectors are on properly.

Since you have service problems, call your service provider and they'll fix it correctly.

If your connectors are as loose as you say, they're leaking signal out and in. You're going to have more problems, cause problems for others, and/or get shut off for causing ingress/leakage problems.
--
If it's important, back it up... twice. Even 99.999% availability isn't enough sometimes.

Borad

join:2012-06-08

1 edit

said by DrDrew:

Since you have service problems, call your service provider and they'll fix it correctly.

If your connectors are as loose as you say, they're leaking signal out and in. You're going to have more problems, cause problems for others, and/or get shut off for causing ingress/leakage problems.

I'll buy better tools if I start worrying about that. It would be cheaper than a $40 house call.

I may end up trying to get Cablevision to do about 5 minutes of what they call "custom wiring" for cable TV because the management office of my building won't let me touch the raceway in the hallway, but Cablevision "usually" doesn't do it 15 years after installation. They may not even have the size drill bit I'd need for a hole large enough to maintain a bend radius of over 1 1/2". I don't think they care much about the bend radius because they used a 1" bend radius by bending a RG-6 cable 180 degrees within a 2" raceway. They should have shortened that cable instead of bending it over itself like that. They'd probably give me an argument if I told them to do these things and I'd probably end up giving them a tip on top of the $40.