moes
Premium Member
join:2009-11-15
Cedar City, UT

moes to BillRoland

Premium Member

to BillRoland

Re: [Info] MS blocks WIN8 Start button, boot-to-desktop hacks

That is true too, I'm not trying to cause any arguments, just was saying they want to block things and prevent things they will find away of doing it. Once I figure out how to control my fans in nix, I'm moving to it. but no luck really thus far. hate having to vi things.

btB
@rr.com

btB

Anon

All I am saying that is while it may not be possible to go directly to Desktop, it will always be possible to go from Metro to Desktop. Hence, there will always be 3rd party solutions that work.

The difference between going to Metro first and then to Desktop is not some complicated/time-consuming procedure either. It is one mouse click if you do it yourself, or a second or two if you have a program doing it for you.
moes
Premium Member
join:2009-11-15
Cedar City, UT

moes

Premium Member

well I was just making a point, but I'm not moving to it. it's not going to work well in the environment I am in and we've already decided since we just started moving to win7 we're not going to head off to 8. so next cycle will be in 2 years I think we've planned for.
Glen T
join:2003-11-03
BC

Glen T to btB

to btB
said by btB :

The difference between going to Metro first and then to Desktop is not some complicated/time-consuming procedure either. It is one mouse click if you do it yourself, or a second or two if you have a program doing it for you.

Sure. Think of it as the commercials that you have to sit through in the movie theatre before they show the Main Attraction. Oh wait, you probably don't know what a theatre is ...