Premium Member
join:2003-01-19
Brooklyn, NY

JoeSchmoe007 to Stewart

Premium Member

to Stewart

Re: Anveo down (Dallas server)?

said by Stewart:

*91 is an echo test. I don't know whether the dial codes are fully documented anywhere; the SIP Device Registration page lists a few.

I am using DNS SRV, Dallas by default. It didn't fail over, but perhaps the service was not down long enough to trigger that.

Factoring in that you were hearing ringback, just a WAG, I'd suspect that their database server had stopped responding.

What do you mean by DNS SRV? I didn't know it was supposed to fail over. Where is failover procedure described on Anveo website?
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

Unfortunately, if the server was not working properly, but not actually down, as seems to be the case, DNS SRV would not have helped.

However, sip.anveo.com does have a DNS SRV record. If the Dallas equipment becomes completely inoperable, and your device uses DNS SRV, it will fail over to the Canadian equipment.
grand total
join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
·Fido
MikroTik RB750Gr3
MikroTik wAP AC
Panasonic KX-TGP500

grand total

said by Mango:

Unfortunately, if the server was not working properly, but not actually down, as seems to be the case, DNS SRV would not have helped.

However, sip.anveo.com does have a DNS SRV record. If the Dallas equipment becomes completely inoperable, and your device uses DNS SRV, it will fail over to the Canadian equipment.

If Canada becomes inoperable too it fails over to Germany. See my post here.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

3 edits

Davesnothere to JoeSchmoe007

Premium Member

to JoeSchmoe007
said by JoeSchmoe007:

What do you mean by DNS SRV? I didn't know it was supposed to fail over. Where is failover procedure described on Anveo website?

Unless very recently updated, there IS no documentation of DNS SRV, nor of FAILOVER, on the Anveo website.

However, I just began a thread »Anveo 2012 Config with DNS SRV , which may help with that, especially if you use a PAP2T or similar Linksys ATA, as I posted screenshots of MINE, along with some explanations.

Anveo is considering putting this info into the appropriate part of their site.

CallCentric also uses DNS SRV, and that's where I had my first exposure to it.

And MANGO's comment is correct, so that a partial failure might not always trigger a FAILOVER, even if you had DNS SRV properly configured at YOUR end.
DaveSin
join:2009-07-17

3 edits

DaveSin to JoeSchmoe007

to JoeSchmoe007
Dogface05 did outline sometime ago the proper setup for the OBi1** for proper failover:

»Re: Pls help! Dead air with Anveo

Browse to Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General and enable X_SymmetricRTPEnable.

Also, given that Anveo use DNS SRV, it's nonsensical to explicitly specify their proxy server host and port. Under Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP, just set ProxyServer to "anveo.com", and check Default for everything from ProxyServerPort through OutboundProxyPort. Enable X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix, and X_ProxyServerRedundancy.

Note: "anveo.com" versus "sip.anveo.com" or "sip.anveo.com:5010"

In addition to "X_ProxyServerRedundancy", I also have "X_SecondaryRegistration" CHECKED(ENABLED), since Anveo NOW has DNS SRV records map to multiple proxy servers!

It is my understanding that the Failover should be automatic from anveo's end, even if the ATA is not setup properly for failover....I might be wrong here.
said by JoeSchmoe007:

said by Stewart:

*91 is an echo test. I don't know whether the dial codes are fully documented anywhere; the SIP Device Registration page lists a few.

I am using DNS SRV, Dallas by default. It didn't fail over, but perhaps the service was not down long enough to trigger that.

Factoring in that you were hearing ringback, just a WAG, I'd suspect that their database server had stopped responding.