spc
uniqs

Burntone
@rr.com

Burntone to antdude

Anon

to antdude

Re: Secret Security Questions Are a Joke

You should NEVER make the answers to security questions "real" or true.

Some sites allow you to create your own question, make sure the answer doesn't make any sense related to the question.

Hey we still have people that use the same password for everything, enter all their personal information responding to an email from their "Bank", and give their bank information so their "winnings" can be deposited into their account .
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

Why not answer them truthfully? No one would know my mother's maiden name or my father's astrological sun sign, etc. Maybe for you tons of people know your mother's maiden name and your father's astrological sun sign but that doesn't mean this would necessarily be true for other folks. Common sense needs to be applied by each person answering security questions. It is not a blanket deal.
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

1 recommendation

dave

Premium Member

I feel fairly safe since I didn't grow up in this country and am not famous, so the average hacker would have a hard time finding out where I went to 'high school', or even if I ever went to anything called a high school.

The only risk is that the pool of possible questions seems a little small, so the 'high school' question is apt to show up on multiple sites; it's therefore got the same risk factor as username-and-password reuse.