norbert26
Premium Member
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI

norbert26 to flamanar

Premium Member

to flamanar

Re: [connectivity] Losing DSL connection about 2 times a day

This may be a wireless issue with interference. First try connecting by Ethernet cable directly to the modem to bypass wireless. See if this issue persists. If it stops go here http://tools.meraki.com/stumbler#q= and run the APP. See whats going on with the WI-FI channels in your area. Is a neighbor using the same channel ? Change the channel on your router .
flamanar
join:2004-08-24
usa

flamanar

Thanks for the tool. Out of 10 others on the list, there is only 1 other person using channel 11 (which I use). My signal strength was rated at 86%, and they are at 46%. Could that still affect my connection?

norbert26
Premium Member
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI

norbert26

Premium Member

said by flamanar:

Thanks for the tool. Out of 10 others on the list, there is only 1 other person using channel 11 (which I use). My signal strength was rated at 86%, and they are at 46%. Could that still affect my connection?

You should change your router channel to one the neighbors are not using. If available 1 and 6 are great choices. If the issue persisted with the Ethernet wire test there may be congestion issues or something else happening down at the CO . Best i can suggest is direct forum.