how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Ender3rd

join:2001-07-15
Connecticut

SB6180 retail availability?

Has anyone here found a retail source for these? My ISP (Cox) supports it and offers it for sale in some of its equipment locations but it's not offered anywhere near my location. Searching the usual electronic retail places shows a saturation of SB6120 and SB6121 models but the SB6180 still seems to be unavailable unless you want to take a leap of faith and grab it from ebay. I'd prefer to avoid the SB6580 with the onboard router if possible.
--
Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them. (Charlie Reese)

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:18
Reviews:
·Comcast
Here is a used one on Amazon:

»www.amazon.com/Motorola-SB6180-S···s=sb6180

daveinpoway
Premium
join:2006-07-03
Poway, CA
kudos:2
reply to Ender3rd
The answer you receive will quite possibly be "Not a chance", but it doesn't hurt to ask your local Cox Solutions store if they can order in an SB6180 from one of the other stores which have it in stock.

Ender3rd

join:2001-07-15
Connecticut
reply to Ender3rd
Thanks for the replies. I really would prefer to buy new rather than pick up something used. On the bright side, the SB6580 is starting to show up here and there for around 120 bucks on sale. When my ISP eventually throws the switch on bonded channels for the upstream and adds more bonded channels for the downstream (currently get 3 bonded channels) I suppose I can ditch my SB6120 and do what others have done and simply disable the router side of the SB6580. It would be nice though if the SB6180 became a retail standard at the usual places.
--
Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them. (Charlie Reese)

daveinpoway
Premium
join:2006-07-03
Poway, CA
kudos:2
As I recall, the SB5101 was originally ISP-only and later became a retail item. No idea if the SB6180 will follow the same path.

Jim2348

@cox.net
reply to Ender3rd
Hey Ender3rd...try this link. Other forums say that modem can be bought retail from them. You have to call & order by phone.
»www.ncsind.com/products_details.···&pid=868