spc
uniqs
claykin
join:2003-08-22
Fort Lauderdale, FL

claykin to mozerd

to mozerd

Re: USG50 HELP request - Tmobile wifi call traffic blocked

Thank you everyone for your replies. Now I'm thinking about workarounds..

So, while I impatiently wait for a workable solution, does anyone have a suggestion how to make this work with a single WAN connection? I asked Zyxel about putting a wifi AP on the DMZ but they said that wouldn't help.

I'm wondering if I can use a wifi router (i.e. WNDR4500) and connect the USG to one of the LAN ports. Use the WNDR4500 for wifi connections to phones only and then all other network traffic through the USG. Anyone know a relatively clean way to do that? DMZ on the WNDR? disable firewall on WNDR? I'm concerned about double NAT and a host of other issues.

Thanks again for the replies.

Brano
I hate Vogons
MVM
join:2002-06-25
Burlington, ON

Brano

MVM

Any chance getting that 2nd public IP?
JPedroT
Premium Member
join:2005-02-18

JPedroT to claykin

Premium Member

to claykin
How will the WNDR know the difference between packets that are destined for the WLAN compared to the switch port connected to the USG? You still need the same ALG support in the NAT in the WNDR as you need in the USG without the WNDR.

Double NAT will foobar some stuff, but it depends on the ALG on the edge.
claykin
Fort Lauderdale, FL

claykin to Brano

to Brano
said by Brano:

Any chance getting that 2nd public IP?

Comcast residential service. Probably less chance than Zyxel implementing GAN before end 2012.

I would likely need to switch to Comcast business for 2x the cost.
JPedroT
Premium Member
join:2005-02-18

JPedroT

Premium Member

How about getting IPv6? And end of 2012 is not something I would bet on, you can place your bets when its on the roadmap.
Until then its just a wish :/
claykin
Fort Lauderdale, FL

claykin

Not sure if IPV6 is available in South Florida (yet). Forums posts seem to indicate it is. Anyway, Comcast claims their entire network will be IPV6 by end 2012.

I would need a new modem which is not an issue as I've been eyeing the Motorola 6121 for a while. Cheap upgrade.

So, assuming I can get IPV6, how do I go about implementing this? Is it because the USG has two sets of firewall rules, one for IPV4 and IPv6 that you think we can get this done?

If you really think its possible I'll order the modem tomorrow.