how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

nitrox

@rogers.com

[Express] New Modem keeps taking me to rogers page

Click for full size
Hello guys, I just recently got the new 3.0 modem from rogers, speeds are great but every time I open up my web browser, regardless of what my home page is set to in the 'settings' it keeps taking me to the rogers website, I know rogers is known to be controlling, but wtf is this I cant have my own home page anymore? The screen is first a guy holding a phone talking with a loading bar at the bottom and then it takes me to the rogers homepage. »www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal to be exact.

Any clue on what exactly is going on?

Thanks homies!

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2

Okay. Your homepage has been hijacked (like ASK, AVG, Iobit toolbars do etc) Best thing to do is Google how to reset a jacked HPage. For us to help you need to post your Browser, any Rogers software used, OS etc. Just Google. You'll figure it out. No biggie.....

nitrox

@rogers.com

Thank you.

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:11
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed

The modem was likely not authorized when you first plugged it in and your computer cached the Rogers page, I had the same issue. To fix the issue go the pages that keep forwarding you and hit ctrl + F5 to forcefully reload the page from the internet.

Exidor
Premium
join:2001-05-04
Brampton, ON
reply to nitrox

Did you use a Rogers-supplied "USB stick" (perhaps called a Smart Key?) to setup your new modem/gateway.

If so, Rogers has been known to install a config file in Firefox that redirects it to a Rogers "Home Page".

Gertie

@rogers.com
reply to nitrox

Click for full size
Stop Rogers homepage hijack in firefox
Firefox,
Check on/delete these 3 files:
Locate "Mozilla Firefox" folder in your Programs folder

Date should be ~ the time you ran the Rogers software. Each file only had 2 lines -!careful! if yours have more content - maybe some is legit you want/installed - see attached pic

mozilla.cfg
override.ini
/default/pref/local-settings.js

HTH!