join:2000-12-21
Littleton, CO
Calix 716GE-I
Netgear Orbi RBK853
Netgear RAXE500

FarmerBob to swilliams

to swilliams

Re: Littleton, CO

Finally got a hold of an Escalation Rep and they found that first of all my modem was not provisioned, thus no software update and because of the "changes" there are issues with my service requiring a service call tomorrow. As far as the tier, I was told I had the "Preferred" tier that will be at 25/4. I've had up to 35/6. But the photograph of the "confidential" pricing schedule on the master thread shows Preferred at 50/10. So . . . we'll see what I end up with after the tech is done?
Big Hurt
join:2004-02-26
Battle Creek, MI

1 edit

Big Hurt

OMG! I was on the phone over an hour getting tossed back and forth between departments yesterday too. They told me the exact same crap! This is bull! Comcast needs to get this figured out. I have the HD Preferred Plus XF bundle. I have had it since January and always have gotten 36/6.

Mod Note: This topic is for reports of successful upgrade, only. Please take other subjects to a new topic. There is another stickied topic where discussion of upgrades yet to come is appropriate, just not this one. ~sorto'
lupus
join:2001-08-01
Paso Robles, CA

1 edit

1 recommendation

lupus to Johkal

to Johkal

Bellevue, WA

For all you Grandfathered 'Ultra' tier folks -

I was on Ultra. Finally called Customer Service yesterday and the rep confirmed the new 50 Mbps Blast service is available in my area (Bellevue, Wa). So for a few dollars less I went from 30 Mbps to 50 Mbps. Sweet! Looks like Comcast is not touching the grandfathered 'Ultra' tier or notifying you about the change (other then commercials in my area). Also, my experience was great. Rep knew his stuff and the change took all of 1 minute!

elina817
join:2003-03-17
Broomfield, CO

1 edit

1 recommendation

elina817 to Johkal

to Johkal

Boulder, CO

I'm on Blast - was having trouble with internet d/l speeds dropping below 10Mbps, and then CS rep explained to me that I was still on a DOCSIS 2.0 modem (doh!) Got my new 3.0 compatible Arris gateway, and now I'm consistently getting the new speeds:

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

Sunny to swilliams

to swilliams

(topic move) [Speed] Littleton, CO - Slow after upgrade

Moderator Action
The post that was here (and all 1 followups to it), has been moved to a new topic .. »[Speed] Littleton, CO - Slow after upgrade
cardinale5
join:2013-05-23

cardinale5 to Kepler6

to Kepler6

Re: Albuquerque, NM

I had the extreme 50, but got an email that since I am valued customer I now get extreme 100 for no extra charge…which turns out to be closer to 200+

garrettg84
@comcast.net

1 edit

garrettg84 to Johkal

Anon

to Johkal

Bedford, IN

Bedford, IN (south of Bloomington, IN) getting about 50-54mb/s down and 10-12mb/s up.

ymojica
Premium Member
join:2005-09-13
Houston, TX

1 edit

ymojica to Johkal

Premium Member

to Johkal

Cypress, TX

CYPRESS, TX

Extreme 105 after the upgrade on speed.

»stage.results.speedtest. ··· 6752.png

Cthen
Premium Member
join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI

1 edit

Cthen to Johkal

Premium Member

to Johkal

Detroit, MI

New Blast! install as of today in Detroit.
bigpoppa206
join:2005-03-29
Seattle, WA

1 edit

bigpoppa206 to Johkal

to Johkal

Seattle, WA

Seattle seems to still be working out the kinks. I had 25/3, went to less than that when the upgrade started a month ago and after last night, it went up.

Gsnorgathon
join:2011-02-18
Seattle, WA

Gsnorgathon

I accidentally rebooted my modem last night, and *poof*!

xech
join:2012-11-22

2 edits

xech to Johkal

to Johkal

Re: Report recent Extreme, Blast or Performance upgrades here

comcast does offer 1 gbps and 10gbps to bussiness only. But it would be thousands a month. Lol I heard that the CEO said that is ready to offer 1gbps to customers but they are not ready yet and don't even use 105 service fully.

105/20 gets you about 108 ish some 120 mbps like at early morning when the network is empty. If you ask me get the 105 service for $114 can't beat this with any ISP
spookypuff66
join:2003-11-10
Silverthorne, CO

spookypuff66 to Johkal

to Johkal
»results.speedtest.comcas ··· 6442.png

Got this without reboot. Three days later got official notification via email.
Did ShaperProbe and it reported 25.5+.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

Sunny to Johkal

to Johkal

(topic move) [Speed] Inconsistent since Performance upgrade in O

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »[Speed] Speed Inconsistent since Performance upgrade in OR
Iceylinux
join:2003-06-13
Lockport, NY

1 edit

Iceylinux to Johkal

to Johkal

Pittston, PA

My extreme 105, I had existing service (50/10) and ordered it. 3 hours later i noticed a huge speed increase. The 250 dollar tech still didnt come out :-P I wonder if hes going to make it faster if he runs a single line, we have a few cable boxes on the line. *wishful thinking*

lol

**EDIT***

This is in Pittston, PA with an ARRIS Modem/Phone combo
dbldbl
join:2006-01-23
Palm Springs, CA

1 edit

dbldbl to Johkal

to Johkal

Richmond, CA

Richmond, CA with Blast! upgrade and Amazon purchased Motorola SURFboard SB6141

netfxoncc
@comcast.net

netfxoncc

Anon

I just got another bump--30000/6000 on performance.

Provisioned Rate 30000 kbps
Provisioned Rate 6000 kbps

PaulGo
join:2005-01-29
Gaithersburg, MD

1 edit

PaulGo

North Potomac, MD

Motorola SB6141 Comcast Blast

mgullick
join:2001-03-24
Chico, CA

1 edit

mgullick to Johkal

to Johkal

Chico, CA

Chico, CA

Supposedly paying for 50Mbps

train_wreck
slow this bird down
join:2013-10-04
Antioch, TN
Cisco ASA 5506
Cisco DPC3939

train_wreck to Johkal

to Johkal

Re: Report recent Extreme, Blast or Performance upgrades here

this is comcast business class, in nashville, TN. Recently (few weeks) we have had the 105/20 service available. I'm doing a slight amount of speed throttling, just a few megs worth, actual speed is ~105.8. i've actually had some inconsistencies ever since the upgrade, and an unrelated call to tech support a few months ago resulted in the tech nonchalantly mentionting that she was getting packet loss on the modem.... :/
System

to Johkal

Anon

to Johkal

(topic move) Slow Blast Plus

Moderator Action
The post that was here (and all 1 followups to it), has been moved to a new topic .. »[Speed] Slow Blast Plus
xparkesx
join:2006-05-26
Lancaster, PA

1 edit

xparkesx to Johkal

to Johkal

Lancaster, PA

Lancaster, PA on the Blast 50/10 Plan
System

to Johkal

Anon

to Johkal