K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
kudos:1
reply to Snakeoil

Re: Tablet Reviews!

said by Snakeoil:

Cons: Having to learn a new OS, and all the fun that comes with that.

You know I have always wondered about this often complaint, even Apple vs Win.

IT'S a frigging GUI... you tap an icon... how hard is that?

OK on PC' Apple has hard fast sick to on mouse button, Win has two and sometimes 3.

Other than that how are they so mind boggling different??

Same thing with IPuds vs Android... same dam thing just Android lets you do so much more... like a real computer... is that the mind boggling thing?
--

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH

There are a few differences. For example:
I didn't know that Chrome had a option of allowing to download mobile version of a site or a desktop version of a site.
If I had, I wouldn't have had to search Google as to way flash/html6 wasn't working on my Nexus.
It's the same thing with the Ipad, there were things that needed to be learned as you used it. Same with using Linux.
Each OS/interface has it's own little quirks that you have to learn.
I even read the nexus 7 book, and I don't recall it saying that about Chrome [about being able to view websites like a desktop or mobile.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

3 edits

said by Snakeoil:

There are a few differences. For example:
I didn't know that Chrome had a option of allowing to download mobile version of a site or a desktop version of a site.
I even read the nexus 7 book, and I don't recall it saying that about Chrome [about being able to view websites like a desktop or mobile.

Well this exsted long before the Google tenacaled Chrome on Android... but again Apple really doesn't.

Basically sites read your device ID passed by browser and formats for the device... on a phone mobile is pretty much necessary for readability with out a LOT of zooming and scrolling but not tablets, though still ID'd as a mobile devices.

Many video sites also disallow mobile device... that is the thing I find most annoying but again the aliasing browsers are there on Android.

And again this is not unique to Chrome... several other Android browsers (w/o the Google tentacles), alias the mobile ID as a PC. (like Maxthon... at least the Tablet version)
--