how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Eumaeus

join:2009-12-10
Yorktown, VA

[Classes] Druid Thread Redux

Started this thread since I was unable to reply to my old favorite druid thread (whose last post was in February, haha). I know there's usually a pretty strong druid community around here. : )

Does anyone have some good reference material (websense safe a BIG plus) for current boomkin raiding?

I'm toying with the idea of going laserchicken for MoP since I've been feral since Burning Crusade.
--
Eumaeus - Feral Druid
Maglev - Frost Mage
Sargeras | Alliance

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
theincbear.com is a good site reesi and the gang there tend to tackle all things druid, more emphasis on bears though but there are some boomchickens on it, also restodruid.com is good and has a bunch of links you can try to see if they are websensed for you.

hope this helps.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
If you say you burned my map, I'll nail your tits to the table!

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
reply to Eumaeus
Once MoP drops, we'll be reviving the Druid thread. It might get 2 threads, one for Guardian/Feral and another for Resto/Boomchiken.

Eumaeus

join:2009-12-10
Yorktown, VA
I figured that would come along!

I actually dug up the old huge druid thread several pages back and tried to post to that since it was still a Cata discussion topic, but the thread had gotten too old.

Cym - Thanks! I'll check that out.

I also came across a blog (websense safe for me) that's been a good read:

graymatterwow.blogspot.com/'

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
I just started healing on my druid again last night. Love it. Absolutely love it. I want to get some more raid time in before I start sharing my own thoughts, but since we started a little with recommendations for other sites, I thought I'd share a nice one.
»fallingleavesandwings.wordpress.···uid-faq/

If you've dropped PowerAuras (good for you) and are still struggling to figure out WeakAuras, I recommend grabbing Beru's weak aura strings so that you at least have good auras and don't have to let your healing slip because you haven't mastered WeakAuras (or was that just me?).
--
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Jakiel00

join:2007-12-12
Mckinney, TX
said by Immer:

I just started healing on my druid again last night. Love it. Absolutely love it. I want to get some more raid time in before I start sharing my own thoughts, but since we started a little with recommendations for other sites, I thought I'd share a nice one.
»fallingleavesandwings.wordpress.···uid-faq/

If you've dropped PowerAuras (good for you) and are still struggling to figure out WeakAuras, I recommend grabbing Beru's weak aura strings so that you at least have good auras and don't have to let your healing slip because you haven't mastered WeakAuras (or was that just me?).

Hey Immer - I see you posted in this thread and the Priest thread as well. Currently I am trying to decide what class to take into MOP as my main, either Priest or Druid. I have healed Current raids on my priest, but leveled my resto druid to 85 and didn't have time for any raids.

In your opinion who did you have more fun healing on? Any suggestions or opinions you could add in here? I also thought about making my druid my main to tank just in case, but I am a healer 1st, so just wanted to get your thoughts. Thanks!
--
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
- Henry Kissinger

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
I have yet to do any serious druid raid healing (no heroic raids); however, the difference in quality of life after 5.0.4 is huge. I'm hoping Blizz takes a second look at our mushroom bloom, because it's healing is horrible, but the new method of planting mushrooms is nice (but... until its healing is fixed... you're just doing it for giggles). So far I find druid healing on par with Holy priest healing (also much better for me since the patch). My opinion right now is that priest is more fun because I have 2 healing specs, and I love discipline healing. Hopefully, I can get my druid into a more serious raid and give a more complete opinion on the matter.
--
Malanorei (discipline/holy); Esclavizado (blood/unholy)

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
Our resto druid finally played with his new buttons yesterday.

He found new fun in "Ursol's Vortex the exploding scorpion packs in Firelands"

And Typhooning the Sons of Flame on Rag.

Jakiel00

join:2007-12-12
Mckinney, TX
reply to Immer
said by Immer:

I have yet to do any serious druid raid healing (no heroic raids); however, the difference in quality of life after 5.0.4 is huge. I'm hoping Blizz takes a second look at our mushroom bloom, because it's healing is horrible, but the new method of planting mushrooms is nice (but... until its healing is fixed... you're just doing it for giggles). So far I find druid healing on par with Holy priest healing (also much better for me since the patch). My opinion right now is that priest is more fun because I have 2 healing specs, and I love discipline healing. Hopefully, I can get my druid into a more serious raid and give a more complete opinion on the matter.

Thanks for the feedback! Think I may throw mine through some dungeons tonight just to get the feel. Too bad they didnt' make the mushrooms similar to the jade statue that mystweavers are going to get. Seem fun to click on and watch explode with healing goodness, but needs to be cleaned up a bit.

Good point on the 2 healing specs with the priest..I have this feeling that if I roll with my druid at the start of MoP, I will be going right back to my priest like I did in Wrath and Cata.
--
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
- Henry Kissinger

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
kudos:1
reply to Immer
The healing mushrooms ability is fine the way it is. In 10 man raids it is shit but it really shines in 25s where you have more people that they can hit in their raidus. I was playing with it in 5 mans, and the 10 we did with little excitement. in an LFR I did yesterday, I noticed those bad boys were rocking though. If they tweak it to be say....Mario level powerful, it'd be too much.
--
If you find the information in my post helpful or interesting, please throw me a Kudos. Thanks!

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by mettachain:

it really shines in 25s where you have more people that they can hit in their raidus.

Okay, then from here on we shall consider Mushroom:Bloom a 25m Raid ability, much like the Glyph of WildGrowth. Thanks for the input.

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
strategically placed in a stack phase in 10 mans, i'd say it might be worth dropping the shrooms on the pile and blooming them. with the changes to how you use the placement it wouldn't be that hard to plop them down and hit Bloom when the AoE heals are needed. i forget if bloom is off the GCD or not. i think i was able to bloom and wild growth at virtually the same time.
--
If you find the information in my post helpful or interesting, please throw me a Kudos. Thanks!

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
it is not on the gcd, they made point of that when ppl starting qqing about them not being to place and heal at the same time, and they said about the same thing you did about when and how to use them, basically they arent meant to uber heal anyone they are for oh shit moments to prevent death or known moments of high damage. so you could concievably have magic shrooms eff and wg going at the same time with minimal mana output for huge hots ticking like a baws.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to mettachain
Right, but for the average player reading a strat, there is no need to cover such a highly situational ability outside of 25m content.

Placing the mushrooms is easier than before, but it still takes the mouse away from your raid frames; therefore, the only way you are healing while placing 'shrooms is via keybound focus macro (which I don't use).

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
Agreed. And hey, I am by no accord an expert on druids in any way, shape, or form.

Although, like you, I am pretty excited about them now.
--

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
reply to Immer
Try a shaman sometime, immer. All that Healing Rain droppin' like its (a) hot will get you pretty pro at placing ground targets while healing.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Nick D:

Try a shaman sometime, immer. All that Healing Rain droppin' like its (a) hot will get you pretty pro at placing ground targets while healing.

will do. If you are setting up mushrooms far in advance, it's easy enough to drop one here and there. My point was that if you are dropping 3 at one shot, you really aren't healing anyone during that time.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
i have the place on my mousewheel so i just push it wherever i want it and i dont loose anything, then bloom is hotkeyed
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
reply to Nick D
said by Nick D:

^^^^Why I don't have an issue placing stuff on the ground. Also, Totemic projection (yeah stupid talent), was easy enough to do.
--

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
let us listen to some top raiding guild healers on why they do what they do, kinda part 1

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMyg-tQq···=g-all-u

--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
well...i have to wait 4 hours before i can watch that now. damn you firewall

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Eumaeus
Click for full size
don't parse my screenshot, bro!!!
Finally got my WeakAuras set up. I used Beru's auras, but I had to make some minor adjustments for positioning, and I had to limit the load options to Class:Druid, Specialization: 4... so that I didn't have to see these while healing on my shaman, lol.

Also, an update to the Mushroom:Bloom, dilema. Any druid (yep... callin' myself out) who complains about not finding time to set these up, isn't making the best use of his cast time spells (Nourish, Healing Touch). I was able to plant 3 within a single non-hasted (only had 2 rejuvs up at the time) Nourish cast. It can be done... but doing so in 5m or 10m is just practice for 25m.
--

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
Oh can the target dummies be healed now?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
No, I had to keep moonfire on it to stay in combat so that the WeakAuras would show, lol. I was healing myself to get harmony and ooc to proc.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
said by Immer:

No, I had to keep moonfire on it to stay in combat so that the WeakAuras would show, lol. I was healing myself to get harmony and ooc to proc.

Ah

well maybe one day.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
to be fair, anyone walking through your capital city is a target dummy for heals. I've had guildies mount up... fly up, dismount and take fall dmg while I was healing them to test some of the "target below 35%" type mechanics. Practicing healing on a "target dummy" is about learning your keybinds, tracking your buffs/HoTs, gauging mana consumption, managing CDs, and tweaking your UI. The only way to practice triage is to be in a lvl-appropriate dungeon/raid where people are taking dmg.
--

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
reply to DarkLogix
there will be or are raid bosses in shat that can be used to actually test raid skills with buffs and the like so do not fret in 10 days you have what you seek.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Immer
Ya but some random player might run away to be an ahat.

IMO it'd be cool to have a group of 4 dummies arranged like a 5man party with various debuffs and such.

Add in make them normally dead so to test you have to rez them then heal them to prevent them from dieing again.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
you miss understand, you dont need 5 ppl or dummies you get the raid buffs you take damage you can aoe them it is actual testing.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
reply to DarkLogix
I'm going to have to make a new Resto Druid thread, aren't I?...