Lynn0
Premium
join:2011-08-11
Trenton, ON
kudos:7
reply to Chenelster

Re: Takes money, agrees to offer service, service not available

said by Chenelster:

Granted, we just submitted an email asking for a refund, but having read all the complaints on forums about this company, I think it is reasonable to be extremely worried that we won't get our one year payment back.

We called and subscribed to service to begin at the end of this month. They said absolutely, not a problem. They checked and everything is fine.

Turns out there is no infrastructure for even any of the major internet companies where we are moving. Rogers cannot service the area. Yet Acanac says they can and they took the money on the same day. Unfortunately we only learned about Rogers not servicing the area after signing up.

Here's hoping that despite countless complaints, that they can make good on refunding us ASAP.

Some areas in your postal code are fine for service. Once we tried to establish a connection for you,
our carrier advised it was a non serviceable area at this time. If they sent this to you before your order was processed there is a good chance that your credit card was never charged. If you would like me to check on that for you please pm me with your email on your account or your real name and I will check it out for you.

Lynn0
Premium
Trenton, ON

2 edits
said by Lynn0:

said by Chenelster:

Granted, we just submitted an email asking for a refund, but having read all the complaints on forums about this company, I think it is reasonable to be extremely worried that we won't get our one year payment back.

We called and subscribed to service to begin at the end of this month. They said absolutely, not a problem. They checked and everything is fine.

Turns out there is no infrastructure for even any of the major internet companies where we are moving. Rogers cannot service the area. Yet Acanac says they can and they took the money on the same day. Unfortunately we only learned about Rogers not servicing the area after signing up.

Here's hoping that despite countless complaints, that they can make good on refunding us ASAP.

Some areas in your postal code are fine for service. Once we tried to establish a connection for you,
our carrier advised it was a non serviceable area at this time. If they sent this to you before your order was processed there is a good chance that your credit card was never charged. If you would like me to check on that for you please pm me with your email on your account or your real name and I will check it out for you.

UPDATE:

Refund will be issued

Chenelster

join:2012-08-13
Almonte, ON
reply to Lynn0
They had actually never gotten back to us to let us know that our area was not serviceable.

We found that out on our own.

I have to assume that the big day would have come and no one would have come to install anything. I need the internet for work, so it was of huge importance that we get service going by the end of the month.

But hey, I guess I could be wrong.

Lynn0
Premium
Trenton, ON

1 edit
Oh wow. They normally send out an email when they can not offer service to an area. I am surprised you did not get an email. Did you check your junk folders because sometimes and not sure why our emails tend to end up there?